• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:01:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Any Dirt bike riding tips?

Started by Jimstark, October 23, 2019, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimstark

October 23, 2019, 04:15:28 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:39:57 PM by Jimstark
Hey everyone,
So I'm going dirt bike riding for the first time this week. Some friends and I are going to an ATV trail and since I don't have an ATV, I had to borrow a dirt bike. I've only ever ridden standards or cruisers, so are there any special tips or หมวกกันน็อค tricks to make the transition a little easier? No one else in the group even knows how to ride a motorcycle, so there won't be any hands-on help.

I just want to be semi-safe and not look like a total idiot

PizzaChet

That's too steep of a learning curve! First, you have to cope with quad riders on their turf. Second, ride in the same direction as them at ALL times. Third, always make sure to have someone in front of you as a blocker. Most importantly! Try and pick a riding area close to where you parked and with clear line-of-sight so you can see into corners. I don't like riding miles away from my vehicle so I don't get stuck having to push my bike or limp or crawl back that far.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.