• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:06 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Is Steam needed?

Started by XTRMLN, October 29, 2019, 10:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XTRMLN

October 29, 2019, 10:40:03 PM Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:41:57 PM by XTRMLN
I have been playing GP Bikes for a while now and had been playing MXS.  I just bought the game from pibs thinking I could do the convert to steam thing.  But apparently if you bought after 10/8/19 you can't get a conversion key for Steam.  My question is what is the purpose of Steam?  Is there something I'm missing from getting the Steam version?  Is it required to race on line?  Is that why when I click race it says " invalid please register"??

teeds

There's no difference in the game at all, just the way it's updated is different in Steam.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Snappe

Yeah they are the same. You just have to register before playing online:
http://stats.mx-bikes.com/register.php

PizzaChet

What if I wanted to have Steam update the game from now on and I already have a stand-alone install? Do I need to re-install from Steam? I already did the register with Steam sequence using the Steam tab on the site. I saw the Beta 13c on Steam and want it now! WorkShop rules and I also can't wait for that implementation. I hope it doesn't cost you guys too much extra or too much hassle to use WorkShop.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.