• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:57:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

WIP Yamaha YZ465 (1980)

Started by Jughaid, November 29, 2019, 01:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jughaid

Yamaha's big bore motocrosser from 1980/81.

A big thanks to all the guys who do tutorials and answer questions on the forums- I've had a lot of questions for the search engines and made it this far.  Still got a long way to go but I thought I'd share a video and a couple of screen shots of where I'm up to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHHjRZpi94&feature=youtu.be

FryedroPonics

|BEYER|

Looks amazing!! cant wait for release

𝖙𝖋𝖈

That's very cool to see! Good job.

bikelife_shaw

Looks good, but we need some 500cc 2 stroke sounds

Ponza

Yirka63

Whaaat?! That is perfect!
Geometry and suspension will be real on the bike? I had idea about making vintage track, when there will be more of these classic bikes.
Looking forward to try, good job!

fridgedollar

Jughaid

Thanks for the comments- like I said before I couldn't have worked it out without the tutorials and information on the forums!

I had a go at doing the sound for it but it's kind of hard to get right- I got some ok idle and low sounds off my IT 465 but it takes longer than my neighbours could tolerate to warm up properly to get a decent top end sound.  I'm guessing but I don't think an IT revs like a YZ anyway.  I'll try again just as soon as the bush stops burning, which could be next winter...

I'd really like to get the physics right, that's on the list right after trying to build a track and working out the animation for a twin shock, and getting a helmet model would be in there too. 

melus89

DutchLuna

can't wait for the release :D seems nice :D

steve17

any update on how it's going? can't wait to rip it up!

DukeyMX

nessic155

casildo

Do you know if there is an old motorcycle with a download link that also has templates?