• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Importing Models HELP!

Started by Kermit, October 11, 2014, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kermit

Okay so this is what we have so far. We really need help with the shading and the normal maps everything else we think we can do we've got the Bars to turn we can get the Swing arm to work the shocks to work. We also got first person textures to work but we still need the bike to turn in first person which isn't that hard.

Anyone that knows how to do Normal Maps and change the shadow please help us that would be awesome. Yes we have fallowed all the tutorials nothing has helped.

JC#21

For the shadows, export the model without textures, your model must be grey and don't forget to select flat shading.

Snappe

for normal maps you need to create a text file and rename it the same name as your colour map but with the extension .shd.

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Shaders

Example:

bike.tga would need bike.shd, containing something like:

bump
{
map = normal_map.tga
}
specular
{       
shininess = 6
}

frankie

Quote from: Snappe on October 13, 2014, 03:56:24 PM
for normal maps you need to create a text file and rename it the same name as your colour map but with the extension .shd.

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Shaders

Example:

bike.tga would need bike.shd, containing something like:

bump
{
map = normal_map.tga
}
specular
{       
shininess = 6
}

Okay now i did what u wrote here, but it comes out as this..again

When i dont do the normal map and shininess on it it doesnt have any problems in game

RiccoChicco

October 13, 2014, 10:56:07 PM #4 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:05:47 PM by RiccoChicco
@Snappe & PiBoSo about Frankie :

Note that I exported his model directly with 3ds max 2010 exporter and I hadn't any problem whereas Frankie is using blender/fbx2edf. We were both using the same texture and .shd file.

Maybe something's wrong with fbx2edf?

JC#21

Check your textures original and normal map. Delete the alpha channel.

In the shd file, increase value of shininess to 85 for example

Kermit

We used Blender and the fbx3edf and it comes out fine without norms but we have never tested with norms because we don't know how to make it work but if anyone could please help that would ne awesome Also Piboso we did try using that txt thing and it did not work but we could have did it wrong we will try again thanks for all the help

Snappe

Quote from: frankie on October 13, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

When i dont do the normal map and shininess on it it doesnt have any problems in game

You're changing the normal_map.tga line to the actual name of your normal map, right?

m121c

If you are trying to use a model made for mx simulator you have to remember to re-invert the normal map as well. Remember the norm on sim is -X and -Y for whatever reason.

frankie

Quote from: Snappe on October 14, 2014, 04:02:34 PM
Quote from: frankie on October 13, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

You're changing the normal_map.tga line to the actual name of your normal map, right?

Yes i am

Quote from: m121c on October 14, 2014, 09:34:04 PM
If you are trying to use a model made for mx simulator you have to remember to re-invert the normal map as well. Remember the norm on sim is -X and -Y for whatever reason.

So i need to re-invert the normal map as it was when exported from blender?

m121c

Yes if you inverted them original you need to re-invert them. For normal maps to look good in MXS you need to flip the Red and Green channels, re-invert them for MxB.

frankie

Quote from: m121c on October 16, 2014, 04:45:54 AM
Yes if you inverted them original you need to re-invert them. For normal maps to look good in MXS you need to flip the Red and Green channels, re-invert them for MxB.
Alright i will try it thanks!

ChrisK

did u solve the problem frankie??? waiting for the husky :)