• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:28 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Enduro Track

Started by Jughaid, December 01, 2019, 06:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jughaid

I took a look at a few tutorials and thought I'd try to build a track using L3DT.  It's an Enduro style track on natural terrain, and thanks to the deformation effect the track gets better after every lap...Here's a video and a few screenshots of where I'm up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYX0w-GFaTY&feature=youtu.be

fridgedollar

iNsane

Looks really cool already! You're doing great work so far!

But I'm not sure if it's because of the bike or if the track heightmap needs a +2ish gaussian blur on the whole, it looks really bumpy when you're riding

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Vilas

WOW!!! Like it a lot :) Looking forward for the release. Good work :)

Vilas

Can you also do some enduro bikes. It would be great.

Vilas

Can you put more obstacles like stones and loggs. Some sections with tape on each side would be cool.

Docfumi

That looks absolutely mad I can not wait to rip this track. Please continue the great work.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Jughaid

Thanks for the comments!

Still learning things as I go...I made a mistake with naming my trees and I need to rename/replace 1000 of them if I want collisions and shadows (don't use TRKCONC for shadows).  I do have a section with a log but it's kind of like hitting the map limit in motocross madness...Does anybody know what tyre obstacles are named? I'm using TRKCONC at the minute.

Thanks for the gaussian blur advice!  I'll make a mask so it will only apply to the track texture to encourage riders to use the track without discouraging taking different lines.  The deformation system really helps with building the 'final' track.  I tried making changes to the heightmap before and failed but I'm guessing now that's because I didn't reset the map...

bikelife_shaw

the track is nice but damnnnn that bike is crispy! You got a download link for that?

Vilas

Jughaid

Smoothing out the terrain proved to to more frustrating than I thought it would be, so I took all the things I learnt from my first attempt and started a second track with a different heightmap...That was ok but thanks to a bunch of things going wrong it took a heap of time to get this track working!  Hopefully in the future I think I could get a track like this built in about a week; I wouldn't have to build the objects again and I'd be more careful with adding trees ( 1 mistake x 1000 = 1000 mistakes)! 

I've still got to work out the track resetting, the reply cameras, and the UI stuff...there's also some adjustments that can be made with some things like the collision with the low poly tree that happens in the video. I'm hoping that a beta will be ready soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2vywJabP94

Vilas

Cool!!! Love it!!! Looking forward to try it.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow dude that's sure a ton of work!

That sign 😂

Jughaid

Thanks! ...and I plan to add some duelling banjos to go with the sign!

Just a quick update, I've got the replay cameras in place so here's a video of a complete lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MAT1NiuOc

Some sections are a bit technical and deserve a bit of respect...

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal