• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:59:15 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TrackEd improvements

Started by Niko Mouk, December 02, 2019, 11:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko Mouk

Hi, some ideas for the track editor:
- Sounds displaying with the audio perimeter
- Mask paint
- Object placement (just like the layout builder does, then export a scenary)
- X-Y-Z coordinates on mouse over
- Mouse placement + rotation for gates and pits
- Indicator for where the front of the pits are

If other track makers got some ideas, feel free to share  :)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The ability to place pit positions individually. Although PiBoSo is already aware of my request 👍

Resolute Kraken

I agree on the displaying/placing sounds.  Currently, I don't think the sounds have a max distance that they are heard.  I think that sounds should have a maxdistance setting in the SSC file.  Right now, if you place a sound file, you can hear it everywhere on the map which should not be possible.  For instance, I have woods in one part of my map where I want forest sounds.  2 KM away there are no woods, I shouldn't be able to hear those sounds.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on March 28, 2020, 01:09:52 AMI agree on the displaying/placing sounds.  Currently, I don't think the sounds have a max distance that they are heard.  I think that sounds should have a maxdistance setting in the SSC file.  Right now, if you place a sound file, you can hear it everywhere on the map which should not be possible.  For instance, I have woods in one part of my map where I want forest sounds.  2 KM away there are no woods, I shouldn't be able to hear those sounds.

Please note that samples must be mono to have a 3D position.
Also, it is possible to set "mindistance" for each source, that is the reference distance, in meters, for volume falloff. A higher value means a louder source.

Resolute Kraken

Yeah, I am using the mindistance setting and tried with two different wav files (one from another modded track).  They both show as single (mono) tracks in my editing software but I can still hear them on the entirety of the map.  I'll check again and perhaps try to convert the wavs again in another program.