• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Retro YZ125 (RacerX Build Replica)

Started by CoreyLahey, December 06, 2019, 06:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyLahey

Put this together over the past couple of days. I tried getting the rims to be more reflective, to look more like real gold rims, but couldn't figure it out.
Comes with no numbers, and mine.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/asesmmbyjivubjo/Retro_YZ125.rar/file

Docfumi

NOICE!!!! would you be interested in doing a skin for me as I suck at it?
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Ponza

PizzaChet

I know it's too late, but you can do "electroless nickel" plating on aluminum and it's mirror finish. Then you can get gold plating on that for surprisingly cheap. It's a common coating in industry.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Great job on the paint! If you want the rims to be reflective you need to add a reflection map to your paint for the wheels. I think it's 'wheels_r.tga'.. Make the areas you want reflective full white, then adjusting the opacity of that white adjusts the reflectiveness. Don't add anything else, no texture, nothing, just white.

It occupies the same space as the texture (so only paint the rims bit if you want the rims reflective)

CoreyLahey

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on December 06, 2019, 11:02:14 PMGreat job on the paint! If you want the rims to be reflective you need to add a reflection map to your paint for the wheels. I think it's 'wheels_r.tga'.. Make the areas you want reflective full white, then adjusting the opacity of that white adjusts the reflectiveness. Don't add anything else, no texture, nothing, just white.

It occupies the same space as the texture (so only paint the rims bit if you want the rims reflective)

I tried that, but it didn't seem to make a difference. There's actually a reflective map in the .pnt files as well as a spec map that are both full white. Not sure if I'm missing something. Does decreasing the opacity make it more reflective or less?
Appreciate the help.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh.. well solid white should be the most reflective. I've made rim paint in the past that I've been able to make very shiny and I was sure I'd done it like that but maybe its changed now.

McOuille191

Ch4rl0

DaigonSainz_125

DaigonSainz_125