• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:18:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

WIP - 2020 Anaheim 1 (Beta 3)

Started by FryedroPonics, December 13, 2019, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FryedroPonics

December 13, 2019, 08:13:10 AM Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:20:51 AM by FryedroPonics
First attempt at making a heightmap in photoshop. Let me know what you guys think of scaling and just how the track rides in general.

I would really like to completely finish this track so anyone that is willing to help with textures, objects and possibly even a simple stadium let me know! Any help is greatly appreciated. Hope you guys enjoy the heightmap so far tho!

UPDATED LINK (beta 3 - added decals, sand section, added centerline/start gate and made some adjustments):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/178ngG_84q7fUcpV5SCDyP2tzFVDciW_K/view?usp=sharing

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Awesome dude, message me on Discord - I will send you my version of Angel Stadium in FBX.

firedrug fgr

Asdrael

Spun a few laps on it, very good effort and needs just a little bit extra to make a great track imo. I rode it on a RMZ 250 and can do I think almost all the intended lines without too much trouble.

Generally, the scaling is a bit over the top for me but it makes it rideable fairly easily. The width could make for good racing and the "split" lanes work well. You will need to make every obstacle wider to account for the tough blocks though.

A few points that, imo, you need to address to lower some frustration:
- tame down the last of the whoops in each of the 2 lanes so it makes for a more predictable exit
- the over under landing should be much more straight, it's currently too curved so you either overjump or rebound on the top
- the 90° berms are kinda underwhelming, I think you need to redo them so they grab you instead of bumping you 90°
the section after the 90° after the first set of whoops: you made it feel like a 3 5 table, I think it is supposed to be a 3 4 table (if not 33 table as it's rare to have a 3 4 table). Anyhow, in game, the second jump clips your wheel often and prevents you from doubling in.

Good job though,  interested in the next version!
-

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

Quote from: Asdrael on December 13, 2019, 03:54:41 PMA few points that, imo, you need to address to lower some frustration:
- tame down the last of the whoops in each of the 2 lanes so it makes for a more predictable exit
- the over under landing should be much more straight, it's currently too curved so you either overjump or rebound on the top
- the 90° berms are kinda underwhelming, I think you need to redo them so they grab you instead of bumping you 90°
the section after the 90° after the first set of whoops: you made it feel like a 3 5 table, I think it is supposed to be a 3 4 table (if not 33 table as it's rare to have a 3 4 table). Anyhow, in game, the second jump clips your wheel often and prevents you from doubling in.

thank you for the detailed feedback! i will definitely try to tame down the scaling and try my best at adjusting everything you suggested because i completely agree with pretty much everything you said haha i just struggled with the 90's but i will try to work on them. Im not quite understanding what you mean by the 3 5 table and 3 4 table part though. Thanks again man!

Asdrael

The 3 4 5 refers to the height of the jump, in feet. A table is usually 4" high, a regular rythm jump 3". So when describing a section it's fast and easy to say like 3 3 table or 353.

For the 90turns, I think my tutorial on how I made A2 sometime ago has a section on berms (on my phone atm, hard to check). Basically, of you use Photoshop, you can build a 180 berm normally then cut it by multiplying the berm layer by a gradient. Had the best results this way.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

Quote from: Asdrael on December 14, 2019, 09:51:24 AMThe 3 4 5 refers to the height of the jump, in feet. A table is usually 4" high, a regular rythm jump 3". So when describing a section it's fast and easy to say like 3 3 table or 353.

For the 90turns, I think my tutorial on how I made A2 sometime ago has a section on berms (on my phone atm, hard to check). Basically, of you use Photoshop, you can build a 180 berm normally then cut it by multiplying the berm layer by a gradient. Had the best results this way.

i made the tables that high because it just made the rhythm flow a bit better for getting over the next 3 foot single. do you have a link to your tutorial. that would be awesome man. im just going off of rubens photoshop text tutorial and he didnt go over 90's so i just did the best i could from his 180 tutorial haha

FryedroPonics