• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:05:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[NEW 15-01-2020] Ruubs' track warehouse - 2021 Supercross Rd. 1 Houston 1 - RELEASE

Started by Ruubs, December 21, 2019, 07:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: stevo on March 16, 2020, 08:05:01 PMThank you for the Re-Release....Sadly,this track is un-playable for me, i have all my graphics settings at their lowest and as soon as i go to track.....major lag....i barely made it out of the pits and didnt even attempt to get round.....
That's very weird.
What are your PC specs? They surely can't be worse than mine ;D

stevo

windows 10
AMD FX-4350 quad - core processor 4.2Ghz
14GB ram
AMD Radeon R7 200 series

its a very old pc...

Ruubs

Oh that actually is worse than mine, but not by much.

It's a real bummer you can't play my track. You could try to delete crowd.wav to see if that improves performance. I doubt it'll make any difference though.

stevo

ok thanks..i'll give it a go...reckon i, atleast, need a decent graphics card....

PizzaChet

"Shelter in place!" they say. Abandoned projects get dusted off and a flood of new content appears?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

iNsane

thanks for the race edition and the refreshed track! Makes much more fun than the first St. Louis, the heighmap is way easier to ride and not as depressing as before :D
Texture work is again awesome, as always. Keep up!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

UncleLiberty76

dude this is stellar work! I love the new scaling. After a few laps it just felt like this is the way we should be playing. ready to see more SX tracks in the future! I would love to know how you did the texturing

Ruubs

Thanks you! I appreciate the nice words.

The textures were done using a custom 3D scanned SX track. I extracted the textures from the scan and edited them onto an 8k mask and normal map.

Nicky Locke

Quote from: stevo on March 17, 2020, 11:13:46 PMok thanks..i'll give it a go...reckon i, atleast, need a decent graphics card....

I had to change the .pkz to .zip, extract it and put it back into the mods folder and wasn't having issues anymore

Ruubs

Quote from: Nick838 on March 21, 2020, 02:14:52 AM
Quote from: stevo on March 17, 2020, 11:13:46 PMok thanks..i'll give it a go...reckon i, atleast, need a decent graphics card....

I had to change the .pkz to .zip, extract it and put it back into the mods folder and wasn't having issues anymore
:o
That's very strange.

stevo

Quote from: Ruubs on March 21, 2020, 01:11:57 PM
Quote from: Nick838 on March 21, 2020, 02:14:52 AM

:o
That's very strange.

Brilliant...thank you....it worked.....awesome work Ruubs...and thanks to you too Nick838....you are a star :P

Ruubs

Did you guys restart your PC in between trying the track?
.PKZ should only be slower at loading, due to having to uncompress the files. It shouldn't affect performance.

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

AZDesertRat

Hell yeah Ruubs@!!  Runs great on my older rig.  Can't thank you enough for releasing this a day before the event.  So excited for H1 tomorrow night 8) .