• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:25 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

GAME DOESNT START HELP PLS!

Started by warking34, January 07, 2020, 11:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warking34

Hey guys i need help,
My game wont start. I have the steam version.
I already tried to reinstall it but nothing changed :(
Please help me.
THANKS!

Waffle

Yirka63

Any error message? Checked files in Steam?

warking34

no nothing. i click on play and after a few seconds nothing appens and i can click on play again...

Snappe

Please try this:

Right-click on MX Bikes > Properties

Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Files

Waffle

ok, verified files and no errors with that

warking34

Waffle

ok, so i left my computer for awhile and the eventually launched. it is just taking a very long time to actually launch the game.

Snappe

This is very weird. Only things I can think to try:

1) Try installing MXB to a different location

2) Download the standalone version to see if it does the same thing

Bj Slice

January 09, 2020, 10:07:10 PM #9 Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:11:34 PM by Bj Slice Reason: Adding more procedures
Start mx bikes in the main directory (steam users)

In steam game library
Rightclick MxBikes>>properties>>Localfiles>>Browse local files

Look for the Mx Bikes.exe and run it from there. Then post a screenshot of whatever error msg that pops up. It could be openal.dll error
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Snappe

Quote from: Bj Slice on January 09, 2020, 10:07:10 PMRightclick MxBikes>>properties>>Localfiles>>Browse local files

Look for the Mx Bikes.exe and run it from there.

Also worth a try is to right-click on mxbikes.exe and 'Run as Administrator'

warking34

I tried it and got the error OPENAL32.dll not found. This is weird because I already installed it new.

warking34

Do you have a solution? BTW THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!

warking34

*EDIT: I fixed it. I installed OpenAl and now it works. Really strange I did nothing with my pc neither the game. It just stopped running after a few days of not playing.
Thanks for your help guys

SmokieTheBear69

Does anyone else have a problem where their game will suddenly completely lag out? I have the steam version and I can get a few laps in running anywhere from 60-90 fps at full specs before it lags. Then there's no response from the bike when I press any buttons and my game is running at 3-4 frames. Even the mouse lags when I try to return to pit. When I get back to pit all is normal, around 100-120 fps until I go back to track then it's stuck in that stationary lag. I've uninstalled it, deleted all my files, mods, saves, verified the files on steam everything. i updated my drivers, changed the graphics settings to low and it still does it in the completely stock format of the game. I have 150 hours in the game with no issues till now. My pc runs all of my other games no problem. Just bikes all of a sudden. I also have screen recordings of this happening with the fps counter if anyone is interested in seeing them. Any help is appreciated.

I'm downloading the standalone version as PiBoSo suggested, to see if that fixes anything.