• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:39:20 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Videos of the tracks!

Started by thisisdef, October 15, 2014, 07:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Dude that looks so fun. when can we taste it? :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeah looking promising there rc, maybe start a thread would love to see progress.

teeds

Whoops and rhythm sections, nice!
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Ruubs

December 18, 2014, 03:32:05 PM #18 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:34:09 PM by Sandbiter
Quote from: TheFatController on December 18, 2014, 11:52:58 AM
Yeah looking promising there rc, maybe start a thread would love to see progress.
I'm sorry, but why would you make a thread for every track? We have two topics for progress already, the pictures and this video topic. Having a different topic for each track's progress wouldn't make this forum any clean. The way it is now is good IMO.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 18, 2014, 03:32:05 PM
I'm sorry, but why would you make a thread for every track? We two topics for progress already, the pictures and this video topic. Having a different topic for each track's progress wouldn't make this forum any clean. The way it is now is good IMO.

Although I haven't spent a lot of time there, I kind of like the way it seems to happen on the GP Bikes forum where you get a track thread, progress pics updates and beta downloads.. But fair enough  ;)

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on December 18, 2014, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 18, 2014, 03:32:05 PM
I'm sorry, but why would you make a thread for every track? We two topics for progress already, the pictures and this video topic. Having a different topic for each track's progress wouldn't make this forum any clean. The way it is now is good IMO.

Although I haven't spent a lot of time there, I kind of like the way it seems to happen on the GP Bikes forum where you get a track thread, progress pics updates and beta downloads.. But fair enough  ;)
But you have to consider this.

If the physics are fixed for this game (I'm sorry Pibsoso, but this really needs to happen) the game will probably have a lot more players than GP-bikes, so also more people on the forum. If there are 100 guys making a track, you'll have 100 different topics about tracks. IMO it's better to just have everything in one topic.

rc4187

Regarding the sx track... there are still a lot of tweaks I need to make to the heightmap. I want all rhythm options to be available. It's pretty good where it's at... definitely challenging. I just want it to be a lot cleaner.

arnzzz

Quote from: rc4187 on December 18, 2014, 08:47:03 AM
Supercross is hard. Here's a track I started on. I had some clean laps too, but most of my laps look like this one. You have to be super smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRawmBNvG8E&feature=youtu.be

That looks fun :) I can tell how delicate you are being though trying to keep it smooth. It lack that balls to the walls feeling i get watching sx. I know
thats due to how difficult the bikes are to keep upright though :)

Can i have a copy of that track to play with please?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

rc4187

Quote from: TheFatController on December 18, 2014, 06:33:40 PM
Quote from: arnzzz on December 18, 2014, 06:18:24 PM
Can i have a copy of that track to play with please?

+1

I will probably put up a build once I'm satisfied with the heightmap.  Would probably be a good practice to put it out there and then open an online room to get instant feedback while doing laps.

onlyonetone

It looks like a lot of fun. Especially the rhythm sections.

rc4187

Quote from: onlyonetone on December 18, 2014, 10:41:37 PM
It looks like a lot of fun. Especially the rhythm sections.

Don't get me wrong... it's fun... but in a very challenging way. Precision required is no joke.

onlyonetone

That's why it looks like fun to me.  ;)

Ruubs

December 19, 2014, 07:29:08 PM #28 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:03:53 PM by Sandbiter
Teaser of my upcomming tracks. I'm working on both the MX and enduro now. The MX is a replica of the old Archview track (the one that looked like the most fun to me). The enduro is a fantasy track, not too long but fun for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/v/NkUjY1CSnds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUjY1CSnds

𝖙𝖋𝖈

While I'm not really excited for the enduro, it looks like it might be fun to master..

But just from one jump I can tell Archview is looking great!

Good job man, looking forward to it  8)