• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:46:36 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track collisions

Started by zhult, January 10, 2020, 10:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhult

ive been trying my hand at track making thanks to TFC and everyone else that has written turotials. but im having an issue where in game i have weird collisions on the map. what can i do to fix this? after i export the raw hight map i run trh then centerline, then map.bat

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DW0lNVGlxzbTPXt6XP6F5XL_lf7uV6e0/view?usp=sharing

Yirka63

You have to run map.bat first, them trh and then TrackEd with centerline :)  that is how I do.

zhult

Quote from: jirka63 on January 11, 2020, 11:08:04 AMYou have to run map.bat first, them trh and then TrackEd with centerline :)  that is how I do.
i tired that. and its still happening. are you running tracked and doing the merge centerline or just centerline.bat

Yirka63

Quote from: zhult on January 11, 2020, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: jirka63 on January 11, 2020, 11:08:04 AMYou have to run map.bat first, them trh and then TrackEd with centerline :)  that is how I do.
i tired that. and its still happening. are you running tracked and doing the merge centerline or just centerline.bat

My process is to open tracked, load centerline, merge, save centerline.
Try to follow this tutorial, it helped me a lot http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1068.0

zhult

Quote from: jirka63 on January 11, 2020, 09:28:45 PM
Quote from: zhult on January 11, 2020, 04:56:29 PM

My process is to open tracked, load centerline, merge, save centerline.
Try to follow this tutorial, it helped me a lot http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1068.0

It seems like it only doesnt that when i export the hight map from L3DT. when i use gimp the hight map doesnt show my jumps but the weird collisions arent there. any ideas on that?

Yirka63

Quote from: zhult on January 12, 2020, 12:00:10 AMIt seems like it only doesnt that when i export the hight map from L3DT. when i use gimp the hight map doesnt show my jumps but the weird collisions arent there. any ideas on that?

Not sure man, maybe someone more experienced can help.

Ruubs

Sounds like you have setup your .HMF and .THT incorrectly.

Could you upload both files so we can take a look at it?

Niko Mouk

Quote from: Ruubs on January 15, 2020, 08:14:44 PMSounds like you have setup your .HMF and .THT incorrectly.
Yep. Your heightmap filename or dimensions are not the same in those files IMO.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

zhult

sorry all i was away from my computer for a couple days  here is the HMF, the THT and the hightmap Google drive link

sloofa

Hello,
can somebody help to understand how to create collidable objects?
I have tyres for ex.  - WLLTYRE.edf
in my htm and tht:
scene0
{
 name = WLLTYRE.edf
 pos
 {
 x = 0
 y = 0
 z = 0
 }
 rot
 {
 x = 0
 y = 0
 z = 0
 }
}

and still no collisions :(

Ruubs

Quote from: zhult on January 20, 2020, 01:31:40 AMsorry all i was away from my computer for a couple days  here is the HMF, the THT and the hightmap Google drive link
I just took a look at this and couldn't see anything wrong in what I thought was wrong.

Quote from: sloofa on December 27, 2020, 10:23:18 AMHello,
can somebody help to understand how to create collidable objects?
I have tyres for ex.  - WLLTYRE.edf
in my htm and tht:
scene0
{
 name = WLLTYRE.edf
 pos
 {
 x = 0
 y = 0
 z = 0
 }
 rot
 {
 x = 0
 y = 0
 z = 0
 }
}

and still no collisions :(
Your object name in the 3d modelling software you use should be named WLLTYRE_whatevernamehere. Then export that object, run it through FBX2EDF and you can name it whatever you want.

sloofa

Olsson32

Can anyone tell me what types of collisions there are? I now learned there is WLLTYRE or WLLCONC for example, what else is available for use?
And how can I create "soft collisions" like used for the objects in supercross at the top tracks?