• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:09:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

REIX 2021 | Resolute Enduro Indoor eXtreme | 2021-12-22

Started by Resolute Kraken, December 20, 2021, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resolute Kraken

December 20, 2021, 11:04:19 PM Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 08:03:21 PM by Resolute Kraken
Welcome to Resolute Enduro Indoor eXtreme (REIX).  This track is a replica of the SEIX (Super Enduro Indoor eXtreme - https://superenduroseix.com) facility in OcaƱa, Spain.  The SEIX track was designed by team Sherco rider Mario Roman.  This track was created as a beginner level Endurocross/SuperEnduro course in preparation for more advanced tracks to be released as part of a future EX series in 2022. 

Just like anything, it takes some practice to do endurocross in MXB so if you don't have the patience to learn then you probably want to keep moving past this post.  If you are having problems with slow physics - just go faster.

My tracks are mainly made for my own riding enjoyment while learning new tools and methods in Blender. This track took roughly 3 months and 300+ hours to create. Most of the time was spent on the environment models, baking shadow maps for all those objects, and the terrain masks using those shadow maps.  The heightmaps were created entirely in Blender. I've tried to make it as close to 1:1 scale as possible while still being rideable and fun in MXB.  A lot of experimentation and testing was done to work around the MXB physics for the EX obstacles. This was mainly done with the use of two heightmaps.

Special Thanks:
- GreenLenux for custom wall art, logos, and bike model
- iNsane for bike model and EDF conversion + information on FRM file format
- Osmeralda for log base model
- JV for water tank model
- GioPanda for base fence model and trailer tires

Performance:
If you see any frame drops on the track the best thing to do is to lower your Anti-aliasing setting in game to something like 4x.  That seems to be the biggest boost to FPS and smoothness.  I have a GTX 1070 and get 120-170 FPS.

Resolute Track Builder Helper:
Get more information on the tool I created for track builders here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=3757.0

Download:
MediaFire
Mega.nz

Yokoo

GreenLenux

I never comment on the forum, unless it's Enduro. Can't wait 8)
If you want a custom graphic kit, feel free to contact me with Discord: GreenLenux#2125
Want to support me? You can buy me a coffee here!

fridgedollar