• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:12 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[UPDATED 4/16] 2020 SX Replica's: Denver

Started by Big Smooth one3, January 18, 2020, 06:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

MXS ported? Not to speculate but just curious. Thanks for the upload.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Yirka63

Great! It would be really nice to have full season of AMA SX tracks!

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: Bj Slice on January 18, 2020, 07:47:32 PMMXS ported? Not to speculate but just curious. Thanks for the upload.
Nope, definitely not. Have too much respect for other content creators to pull some shit like that - I used to design tracks in mxs and would never do that to those guys, that's a low life type of move IMO. Since I haven't ran a lap on the sim version I can't point to anything specific, but I guarantee there are loads of differences easily noticeable since they're 2 completely distinct tracks.

CSchmied986

Fun track! When you race it online though the double after the whoops is almost impossible after a few laps. Just makes you backflip.

GDUBMX

nice job BigSmoothOne :) you should defo continue doing these SX tracks, ive been having a blast on them.. That double after the whoops though.. LOL Backflip only :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

Nice job, cheers for it.

This is an example of a track where it would be good if the game allowed objects to appear on track after all riders have passed a certain point, to simulate the marshals actions in forming the post start track shape with tough-blocks.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Big Smooth one3

Appreciate the feedback fellas, will help to refine these going forward.

The wall...lol. There is a way to do it right - have to slow down significantly, roll onto the throttle, get off of it at peak and lean forward - but point taken. I watched GDubs video of yall playing the track, and even though there is a way to do it that's not back-flipping :D I agree with the points that were made, she was a bit too steep!

I was watching some press day vids while tweaking this one, and part of me wishes I wouldn't have taken what I saw into account so much, because I made changes based on what I could see in those videos that didn't play out in the race - for instance, no one was tripling into the first rhythm section (not the split lane, the one after the 3 little roller-ish singles), everyone was roll-2-3. I thought it was roll-2-4 based on the track map, but after watching the race it was clear that they removed a single from that and the next double table top lane vs what was in the track map. Tripling into that lane from the outside is obviously still very possible if I can do it on a 250oem somewhat regularly, but I still didn't end up being thrilled with how that played vs the irl track. Also wished that I'd figured out a way to make the split lane more legit since you can basically swing way outside and jump as far as you want into that, but it was always going to be challenging to make that in a video game, I suppose.

If anyone has thoughts on jump height/scaling, I'd love to hear them. In GDubs video, the initial comments were along the lines of the jumps feeling small - anyone else think that? I'm trying to scale things properly so that you can't do ridiculous jump combos without jumps being way too separated, and also making the lanes wider than irl for gameplay, but it's obviously a work in progress. Please feel free to throw any of those comments out and I'll try to adapt to what folks think would be fun. I have an idea for something to try in the future, but we'll see...

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words, really happy that you guys had some fun, and hopefully we'll see more of these rough backyard sx replica layouts moving forward. Cheers.

teeds

Some of us got the wall nps fella ;) Riders hitting it at speed was funny to see. I think that dark shadow on it didn't help, not sure about others but I could not see it's shape as a result.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

kiernan22

how do you install a PKZ and/or a RAR file? i dont know if it is like a zip file cause i get an error everytime i try to download the track

Docfumi

Quote from: kiernan22 on January 22, 2020, 01:03:47 AMhow do you install a PKZ and/or a RAR file? i dont know if it is like a zip file cause i get an error everytime i try to download the track

PKZ Files can go directly in your Mods folder while RAR Files has to be opened with a program like 7zip Winzip or WinRaR all of these zip programs are freeware to down load.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: kiernan22 on January 22, 2020, 01:03:47 AMhow do you install a PKZ and/or a RAR file? i dont know if it is like a zip file cause i get an error everytime i try to download the track
Download the .pkz and put it directly into your mods/tracks folder, no need to open the file up or install anything.

Big Smooth one3

Download link is below, just want to make a few notes on this week's track:
  • Again...backyard, pretend you've got unlimited resources and are building replica layouts in your backyard, just to have some fun
  • Tried something different with scaling this week, would be interested to hear thoughts if anyone has them
  • Reverted back to an older texture map for the bottom layers of deformation, and thickened those layers up a bit, so hopefully we won't see the space-dusk-like weird bottom layer color pop out like it did on A2
  • No walls this week! haha
  • I knew that I wasn't going to have more time this week to work on this, hence why I'm posting today. Thanks to Niko (hopefully I got that right) for his Blender tutorial video in English, which I am part way through - point is, I'm hoping to learn how to start adding even just simple objects to these, most notably bales, in the future
  • On that note, you'll notice a few sections that I've tried to...limit...what I thought were video-game-only lines. I was a bit bummed with how the split lane entry turned out in A2, so I've added a bit more in the way of terrain deterrence in a few spots - you'll see them. If building tracks in any mx game, this one or otherwise, has taught me anything, it's that someone will always find a way to game the layout, or hit something in a way you didn't think was possible which nullifies the barriers put in place to make those unrealistic lines at least incredibly difficult. The main one this week is definitely still possible for you highly skilled players out there, but it shouldn't be easy (hopefully) or at least easily repeatable (...hopefully), and I hope that's an understandable approach to this problem in trackbuilding. Once you get on the track you'll see what I mean. If you have thoughts on that general philosophy and people think it's making these less fun, let me know!
  • Lastly, as always, this was built on my best interpretation of the track map that was published publicly. I can almost guarantee the irl layout will differ in at least a few ways, but hopefully this is still fun to ride a few laps on leading up to the race this weekend.

All that said, hope you enjoy, let me know if anyone has feedback - cheers.

CSchmied986

Would really love to see your tracks with objects and stadiums! They ride great, and making these tracks will bring us closer to a real race series, and more interest in this game.

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: CSchmied986 on January 23, 2020, 04:34:47 AMWould really love to see your tracks with objects and stadiums! They ride great, and making these tracks will bring us closer to a real race series, and more interest in this game.
I hear you man, and agree on the stadiums and other things. For me it's mostly a time issue, and the fact that I would have to learn it all from  scratch immediately, then spend that extra time to do all of the actual placement, etc. I also have no clue if these stadiums have been made or publicly available. Mostly it's the time constraint, though, which was especially true this week. That's why I put the call out for anyone else who could/wanted to help to do so, because the tracks would definitely feel more sx-ish, no argument there. I asked Ruben about this one since he did last years Glendale but as I understand it he is also short on time and just wasn't totally interested, which is completely understandable. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the track, even if it's just a track in the middle of a field, hopefully I'll find some spare time to learn all the objects stuff in future weeks - but I thought a track like this was at least better than nothing.