• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:20:54 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Sorry to say

Started by Drock, January 15, 2023, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drock

I'm done with this game, I've played all the mx games that have ever existed except mxSim, some are waaaaay to arcade like some less and more sim like, and then I found MxBikes and was like where has this been my whole life lol, purchased it put like 20-30 hours in and downloaded all the coolest mods I could find, watching every YouTube video, trying all the controller and bike setting. I've race Mx when I was younger and high level RC. I was just having a blast on the MX tracks. Then I purchased and downloaded the pre season SX track.... Then every thing wrong with the physics just slammed me in the face. Now before I get blasted with the "bUT itS A siMuLatIOn" sim doesn't have to mean unforgiving. Example 1. First person view, front fender dives JUST out of site and BAM your front wheel seems to disappear and over the bars you go... ex 2. Enter a whoop section at a semi slower speed, the gyro effect of the wheels doesn't exist and you just lose complete control of the bike. Sim doesn't mean you have to run a whoop section at 40+ mph... theres more but this is to long already, Maybe I suck and that's ok, and I'm ok with being way slower then a "pro" but give it a bit more forgiveness and way more people would play this I'm sure of it. I absolutely love this game but controllers are to expensive to keep replacing

teeds

This game giving you instant skills to ride like a pro IRL I don't think is going to happen. The helpers are being improved but not sure they'll ever get you around a tough track without some kind of learning. SX is hard IRL (so I'm told and see), and some can get around MXB SX tracks, maybe not clean a race yet but the point is they learnt how to tackle SX obstacles and so could you. If not just ride some of the superbly made MX tracks out there and enjoy.

This game is about simulating riding an off road bike, not so much about simulating someone being a pro rider... that's down to you.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

AZDesertRat

January 16, 2023, 03:56:16 PM #2 Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 03:58:23 PM by AZDesertRat
I also want to point out that the Pre Season SX Track is extremely unforgiving, this coming from someone with over 1K hours.  I would recommend trying some easier SX tracks because as Teeds mentioned, SX is hard IRL and that much more in MXB. However, after investing some serious grind time into SX it personally has become very addicting.  You will improve at the game much quicker because SX requires much more precise bike and rider lean control, along with learning how to recover when you slightly case or OJ sections.  My all-time favorite SX track that I still load up at least once a week is the 2020 race edition of St. Louis by Ruubs. Just an outstanding track that offers everything you'll ever find on an SX layout.  Get to the point where you can run consistent laps on this track and then you'll be ready to move up to slightly more difficult tracks.
2020 St. Louis Race Edition

PizzaChet

Quote from: Drock on January 15, 2023, 06:35:55 PMI'm done with this game, I've played all the mx games that have ever existed except mxSim
If you think you're experienced in MX games after that statement, then you really haven't tried MX games. The impatience and rage are all YOU problems.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Drock

Quote from: PizzaChet on January 16, 2023, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: Drock on January 15, 2023, 06:35:55 PMI'm done with this game, I've played all the mx games that have ever existed except mxSim
If you think you're experienced in MX games after that statement, then you really haven't tried MX games. The impatience and rage are all YOU problems.

This you could not possibly know so your statement is invalid.

I've raced real motocross when was younger, I've also raced 1/8 nitro rc off-road at pretty high levels, I completely understand the physics involved and when playing this game sometimes they are actually very good, railing around mx tracks is really fun in this game, once your up to speed. Sx is tight and technical I get that but the low speed physics in this game are a complete mess. You do not need to be going 30-40 mph to skim a whoop section irl, bike wheels always generate a gyro effect almost at any speed meaning the bike always wants to "right" itself to an upright position. So entering a whoop section a bit leaned or a slower speed doesn't mean insta crash irl, but it almost always does in this game. In first person if the front fender disappears for a split second it's as if your front wheel was removed and the forks dig in and over the bars you go. What I'm saying is sometimes I completely understand why I biffed but most of the time you sit there scratching your head saying .. wow that wasn't even in the realm of realistic. This game has the potential to be unbelievably insanely amazing and I hope it gets there, but as of now we deal with 1st gear pirouettes from standing start on the berm of SX tracks and no gyro effects from 0-20mph it's all good

PizzaChet

Quote from: Drock on January 17, 2023, 05:16:29 AM...sometimes I completely understand why I biffed but most of the time you sit there scratching your head saying .. wow that wasn't even in the realm of realistic.
This is a very common and familiar gripe. If you'd tried MX Sim, over the years you'd see a lot of the same complaints about the not-so-real incidents and physics inaccuracies from lots of IRL riders like in here. These are basically one man dev teams, so the time it takes to get all of the legitimate feedback implemented into the game takes years. If you played MXB from 2014 on, you'd be praising how for we've come on improvements! Keep practicing and be patient so when the changes do come, we'll have an advantage over noobs.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Drock

January 18, 2023, 03:18:25 AM #6 Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:22:06 AM by Drock
You're not wrong, my only wish is it becomes just a hair more forgiving so the 100 hour or less guys can actually race and have fun. I'm now getting much faster in MX approaching 100 hours but still for the life of me can't put together a SX lap on rd 1 Anaheim. However I did mess around on another SX track and blew through the whoops with ease.. I could correct myself I could skate from one side to the other through then if I needed, so now I'm just thinking the person who made the whoop section in Anaheim should stop making whoop sections

DHeals45

I have 600-700 hours and still have problems.... just gotta keep grinding!!!