• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:42:16 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Syncing............

Started by jtrs_61, January 17, 2020, 02:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtrs_61

it seems that online is taking longer than ever to sync here lately.  Is this because more players now adays?? its hit or miss if I can even join a server... Discord 8 ironman has NEVER loaded in online, only in single player.  Paleta V2, only once have I waited around to play online.  but other OEM servers, like Discord 10 Washington load in about 2 minutes.  Every once in a while I can join a custom server...

Is there anything I can do on my end that can remedy this?

teeds

Yea the loading times are sometimes very long. What are your system specs, in particular what type is your hard drive?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

i5 7th gen. nvdia 950m, the ssd is tiny... 120g so I have the game on the hhd, 1TB at 2.5gh (I think... does that make sense?)   

I have the game on the hhd but the documents through the ssd...  all of this to save some space on the tiny ssd...

I could prolly  free up some space and delete MXS from the ssd so I could put MXB on it, but not sure about just moving game files over from drive to drive.... would I be able to just move em over into x86 and change the shortcut or have to completely re install onto the ssd?

teeds

SSD would help.
If you're talking Steam - https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/
If you have the game from the MXB site then you can just copy/paste the folder anywhere and update your shortcut.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

thanks duder, ill give er a try

jtrs_61

I put SIM on the D drive like it belongs lol.  Freed up a lot o space!  all MXB docs are on the SSD and now so is the application.  still, Ironman wont load on OEM, but I can host a lobby and it'll go...

Ruubs

Quote from: jtrs_61 on January 18, 2020, 03:49:04 PMI put SIM on the D drive like it belongs lol.  Freed up a lot o space!  all MXB docs are on the SSD and now so is the application.  still, Ironman wont load on OEM, but I can host a lobby and it'll go...

I have to put all my graphics in the lowest setting possible to be able to load Ironman. Gotta say my PC needs an upgrade too.

jtrs_61

Lommel is the same way... wont ever load on OEM or MXOS servers...

BUT

If I host a world server it syncs no problem... what gives?

Creiz

Good to see that others have the same problem, so it´s not on my end.
Some tracks seems to be worse than others, but it´s usually about the same on all tracks.
I can load in a track in 30 secs in testing, but the same track with 3 people online takes at least 5 mins to load, if it ever does.