• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:06:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Mods aren't working for me, need help.

Started by Kushyhound, January 22, 2020, 07:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushyhound

So I just tried installing OEM bikes mod, and the thursday night track. Straight from this website actually. I looked at a couple of youtube tutorials to make sure I was doing it correctly. Its completely fool proof but it WONT WORK. I've modded many games including mx sim and GTA. I'm not new at this but I'm dumbfounded on how it works for this game. I opened it Piboso-mx bikes-mods-bikes (and put the oem in there). same for the track... I just dont understand. I've read other threads on here too and its the same thing.

teeds

Check you have the full OEM pack (1.96GB) and not just the (84k) patch,

OEM full pack v0.13.1 .zip - https://mega.nz/#!wMYGRSIJ!qWxjaw2yrBtR0G54Ym1v9CvuJ8VJq21dHfzdPIrKphY

Does your track not work either?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Kushyhound

yea, I have the 1.96 GB and the track doesnt work either. I have the full game purchased yesterday on steam as well

Kushyhound

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've started it up a bunch of times. None of it is there, and trust me it looks the same as everyone else's folders on the youtube tutorials for the same OEM mod. I'm mindfucked.

teeds

Do you have a bikes "folder" in the install directory? If so delete it. You should also have a bikes.pkz in there too, leave this as it contains the default bikes only.

I take it the game does work online and in testing with stock tracks and bikes?

Kushyhound

Yeah, theres no folder in there and I still have the pkz file. Promise you I'm not trolling, stock tracks and bikes still work. I've had no issues with this game except for the mods not actually working

teeds

January 23, 2020, 04:17:40 PM #6 Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:23:09 PM by teeds
Well I'm running gout of ideas. Have you edited your global.ini at all? (see link below for info)

Have a look a this and maybe try setting an alternative folder for the mods - http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=198.msg35071#msg35071

Also can you post a pic of the inside of one of the bike folders and include it's full path please?

Kushyhound

I ended up just clearing and redoing everything and it worked, I must've done something wrong somewhere but I appreciate all the help! thank you

teeds