• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

3D Grass BUG related to SCALE

Started by Resolute Kraken, January 21, 2020, 07:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resolute Kraken

January 21, 2020, 07:42:18 AM Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:48:10 PM by Resolute Kraken
There seems to be a bug with 3D grass rendering related to scale used for hmf/tht.

Test with scale set to 100

In the pits (suspensions sag test), the grass is rendering:

Go to track and it does not show:

Mapview:

I didn't narrow it down to a specific value but eventually it does not render in Mapview with higher values as well.  Please take a look and I hope this can be fixed since it does not seem like height scale should make a difference for the grass to render.

Snappe

I'll check it. What is the size of your terrain?

Resolute Kraken

January 22, 2020, 09:07:44 PM #2 Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 09:42:35 PM by Resolute Kraken
The dimensions of my track are

size_x = 3610
size_z = 3610
scale = 1300

For testing this bug I've gone down to 256x256 and it still happens with the height scale set past 100.

size_x = 256
size_z = 256
scale = 150

At 150 in Mapview, the grass shows at a certain distance from the ground.

Keep moving the camera closer to the ground the grass starts to disappear.  Same camera angle moved slightly in - see how the grass is almost all gone.  Keep moving camera to the ground and it totally disappears.

And I just discovered this - the two above images were taken near the lowest elevation on the map.  If you move camera to to middle elevations on the map, the grass renders fine no matter how close the camera is to the ground.  If you move the camera to the highest elevations, the grass does not render again

Same map scale, move to middle elevations  - renders no matter how close

Move to highest elevations and it does same behavior as lower elevations - as camera approaches ground, no grass rendered and it is never seen at highest elevation

Seems like the same behavior in replay camera as well (free roam) see grass

Move closer and it goes away

Also, at higher elevations the grass is much denser - same mask opacity used at all locations on map.

Also, while you are reading this Snappe, can we get some documentation on the Open Centerlines?  I have a question in the Suggestion and Wishlist category that has gone unanswered.  I can create the open centerlines and start a 1 lap race, but lap still won't start until I pass finish one time.

Thank again.