• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

What am i doing wrong, or how to keep the handlebars straight?

Started by inTights, October 15, 2014, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inTights

First of all, i'm glad someone is giving a shot at MX simulation as all the atv vs mx titles don't catch me. It's all so stiff and unnatural behaving.

However, i'm trying to start going, but unless i reach a certain speed, the rider/bike keeps falling and twitch the handlebars. I can understand that its only realistic to a certain extend, but wouldn't it make sense to have a steering help at lower speeds due to the lack of some sort of handlebar-peripheral. I mean this could be achieved with the rider putting his feet down, or limiting the angle, or having him move it very slow. I have already put the lean>smoothing on press (and release) to 100% which makes it react slower, but even then, moving the analog stick just lightly in one direction and making smooth throttle inputs (right analog), the handlebars/rider keeps twitching from side to side.

Please refrain form stuff like "its a simulation" "its supposed to be hard" and so on, as its really not needed. I love simulations, but MX Bikes doesn't seem very evolved from something like MXS and im a little bummed out about this whole project. Especially seeing as Scawen Roberts is probably not very motivated in doing a bike sim, having just found a spark of passion for cars again.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You using keyboard or controller?

I'm normally a keyboard player. I could run with the best of them at most games that people would use a controller for like racing games, flight games etc.. But this. I think I lasted 10 minutes before getting the controller out lol

janaucarre

It's a known problem and we all hope it will be solved in futur.
Have you tried direct lean off? It´s more smooth.

inTights

Definitely controller. I mentioned analog sticks ;)

Direct lean is a little better, i guess, but still acts weird. But glad im not the only one thats bothered by it, although I think im alone when it comes to the general feeling about it. I'll try using the G25 at some point and see if that makes it better, regardless of the awkwardness xD

ChrisK

arnzzz

You are not alone. Once you've got some speed up its pretty controllable, well at least until you hit a jump at a slight angle, because when the back comes out, good luck getting it back lol.

But at low speeds like when just setting off, the bike has zero stability. (im running about 15% Dead zone, with direct lean on)

Try to get going on some of the uphill sections on Maryland after falling off lol, its bloody hard, and very frustrating!!! there is zero control at low speeds in this sim.

The thought of Piboso introducing ground deformation one day scares me with the way the sim drives at this point in time. I just cannot see that working, as anytime you come of you need flat ground to get going again.

I know its a beta, but I think these are major things that need to be fixed and/or addressed by Piboso. But im new here and i get the general feeling that people here just tend to say...

"Thats the way Piboso made it, That's the way it should stay".

I get that he's one guy and he is doing amazing things, but not facing the facts is not going to make this the best MX sim out there.

Its not perfect, some big changes needed.

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

onlyonetone

One thing with the hills. If you're having trouble that is. If you fall on the hill on maryland. Try going into second and leaning forward. One of the reasons it's so hard is because your front tire is barely coming off the ground which results in you not really being able to turn.

arnzzz

Quote from: onlyonetone on November 12, 2014, 07:03:50 AM
One thing with the hills. If you're having trouble that is. If you fall on the hill on maryland. Try going into second and leaning forward. One of the reasons it's so hard is because your front tire is barely coming off the ground which results in you not really being able to turn.

Ill try that thanks :)

Snappe

Quote from: arnzzz on November 12, 2014, 04:25:28 AM
I know its a beta, but I think these are major things that need to be fixed and/or addressed by Piboso.

It's beta *1*
Of course there are things that need to be, and are, being fixed.

teeds

Quote from: onlyonetone on November 12, 2014, 07:03:50 AM
One thing with the hills. If you're having trouble that is. If you fall on the hill on maryland. Try going into second and leaning forward.

I use leaning forward to stop the flop at low speed everywhere, up, on flat and down dirt. Leaning forward seems to stiffen the riders arms, making them less floppy. Also works for front end heavy landings, it shouldn't but it does help as things stand.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba