• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:32:39 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[release] MAC Lierop 2012

Started by giopanda, June 21, 2020, 01:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

June 21, 2020, 01:26:06 AM Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:00:59 PM by giopanda

MAC Lierop

here it is guys, after around three years i found the will and strength to finish this!
i used this as a benchmark and test ground for all the things i had to learn to mod this game, i did it all almost from scratch 3 times.. but still it's not exactly as i wanted it to be, too bumpy and not enough wavy (like Lommel is) but i coulnd't do any better and honestly after all this time i just wanted to see it done!
hope you guys will enjoy it anyway after all this waiting!

the huge file size is due to the 8k normal map overlay i had to use (it is around 280mb of the total folder size), the terrain is so large that 8k still isn't enough and it looks very pixelated at times!

two layouts included, amateur and pro (the 2012 mxgp layout)

be sure to ride in the rain as i think its visuals are at best.
the mxgp pitlane is there but it's abandoned, as i wanted to give this feeling to a gret track that has been closed for good for years..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any feedback is greatly appreciated, i'm not promising updates since i have a lot on the plate already but you'll never know, and it will be valuable for all my current and future projects!

a big shout out to everyone who helped me during the years, Piboso, InSane, TFC, Gdub, Niko Mouk and everyone else for the patience and support!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for server setup, here are the names of the two layouts:

mxgp layout (mac_lierop_2012_pro folder)
- name=MAC Lierop - Pro track
- short_name=Lierop - Pro

amateur layout (main folder)
- name=MAC Lierop - Amateur track
- short_name=Lierop - Amateur

if you want to support me and see more, please consider a small donation by clicking the Paypal button here..you don't have to, but i would really appreciate and you will have my eternal gratitude!

Docfumi

WOWZERS  ;D what an awesome track and well worth the wait, thanks Giopanda for this master class track and cool bike stand.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

J4M3S

hella good track bruv i wish piboso would ad smooth soil

GDUBMX

Amazing work as always mate. really appreciate the testing
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BeefLilly247

Awesome track! Watched GDUBMX's laps on it this morning. Can't wait to play it!

Also, how are you using the 8K map over this? Doesn't mixing of image sizes create issues?