• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

LAN Multiplayer

Started by Dominator, February 09, 2020, 05:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominator

Hey all,

So my brother and myself both have MX Bikes on our laptops and we'd like to play locally, but I cant get it right...
I followed a little tutorial online (http://www.dapafen.n.nu/how-to-connect-two-laptop-using-alan-cable-for-playing-multiplayer-lan-games-2) to no avail... if either of us then go "host local" and set it up accordingly we don't see a server to join through "browse local"

Could someone please enlighten me as to how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance 😎

teeds

I've had this working a while back, it worked fine then but I hosted world servers and then someone on my LAN could also join them,  can't say I ever tried hosting only local.

About the cable that link suggests, are your laptops not connected to the internet?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Dominator

I see...
well we both have access to an internet connection but our Wi-Fi isn't the best as there's quite a few network issues i  South Africa at the moment as well as other people in the household using it for various reasons, such as streaming so we figured that LAN would be a good alternative

teeds

LAN covers Wifi too, but not internet. The only difference between your home Wifi and what that site suggests is the cable. You could both connect via your LAN only over Wifi (not the internet) as is but a cable would be preferable. I'd start on the Wifi and if that works ok try the cable thing. I say use the Wifi first as if you can both browse the internet when connected then you're already on a LAN together, go for the manually setup cable option afterwards if needed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba