• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:44:50 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MX181

::) For the animation; a flag pole with flag, grass (but ino you probably have that sorted), environment (trees, bushes), probably many more but I can't think lol

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

BCROOM45

Quote from: MX181 on February 14, 2014, 12:13:03 AM
::) For the animation; a flag pole with flag, grass (but ino you probably have that sorted), environment (trees, bushes), probably many more but I can't think lol

Or a flagger waving yellow, white, or checkered flag!
Instagram: baileycroommusic
YouTube: Baileycroommusic

MX181

Quote from: bc45 on February 14, 2014, 03:02:02 AM
Quote from: MX181 on February 14, 2014, 12:13:03 AM

Or a flagger waving yellow, white, or checkered flag!

but would a flagger necessarily need to be 3 dimensional?

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Phathry25

They already are in GP Bikes. Can't see an obvious reason to take a step backwards for this title.

bearded4glory

One thing that would be really useful would be objects that appear after a given amount of time that do not have collisions when they aren't visible but do when they are visible.  An example would be bales that block off the start straight for supercross tracks, this always bothered me in MXS because there are bales that don't have collisions.

Other objects that would be cool to animate:
Cars on a road next to a track
A train making its way past/through a track
Planes or birds flying through the sky

This is obviously a lower priority thing and could be added later once we have been up and running a little bit and get any little bugs ironed out but I think it would add a nice bit of realism that isn't currently possible.

Ruubs

What about an animated crowd, and a cheering sound over them?

22Ryann

February 14, 2014, 11:28:48 AM #261 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:33:44 AM by 22Ryann
* Able to add sounds to different areas of the track? Perhaps attach sounds to objects?
* Animated objects could include a flock of birds, ducks in pond etc
* Is it likely you guys will add adjustment capabilities to the external camera? This can really throw off how a game feels so was curious if there is any way to adjust.

THERealJM

Quote from: Motoboss on January 26, 2014, 02:24:27 PM
I have a lot of tracks waiting to be released .... I really hope this forum doesn't turn into the immature, unappreciative forum of Mx Simulator..Witch I wont be releasing another track for...

Motoboss, just nailed it, lets try to change our genre of racing games around and ALL become one, preach to me Jimmy Albertson lol....

Ruubs

Quote from: 22Ryann on February 14, 2014, 11:28:48 AM
* Able to add sounds to different areas of the track? Perhaps attach sounds to objects?
* Animated objects could include a flock of birds, ducks in pond etc
* Is it likely you guys will add adjustment capabilities to the external camera? This can really throw off how a game feels so was curious if there is any way to adjust.

Adding sounds to different areas of the tracks (objects) is confirmed awhile back.

Ruubs

How does cuts work in this game, are there some sort of gates that track makers have to put on their track?
Will there be particle effects like leaves in this game, if yes, will it be posible to make custom ones and add them to custom tracks?
Will objects change the sound of the bike? Example, riding through a metal tunnel.

Ruubs

Another question.
Are we able to blockpass people, or hit each other and not crash both, like in this video: http://youtu.be/LT6Y-aMIBhE?t=1m5s (1.05)?

JT43

Sorry if its already been asked but is there any idea on how much it will cost? From the looks of it so far i would pay up to £25 which i think is what MX Sim is

Arvoss

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Another question.
Are we able to blockpass people, or hit each other and not crash both, like in this video: http://youtu.be/LT6Y-aMIBhE?t=1m5s (1.05)?

That's amazing! :o I hope there will be a high 'crash margin'. ;) Close battles/fights :P

Arvoss

Quote from: JT43 on February 17, 2014, 10:57:47 PM
Sorry if its already been asked but is there any idea on how much it will cost? From the looks of it so far i would pay up to £25 which i think is what MX Sim is

I think the first release will be around €15. The prices of the other PiBoSo get higher with the release of newer versions ;)

Ruubs

Quote from: Arvoss on February 17, 2014, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Another question.

That's amazing! :o I hope there will be a high 'crash margin'. ;) Close battles/fights :P
Yes, that's what I hope too. In Mx Simulator you can't run in people like that, because they'll laugh off the track. I'd LOVE to see a simulator where you can actually battle with people.