• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:01:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moto28

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on February 17, 2014, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Another question.
Are we able to blockpass people, or hit each other and not crash both, like in this video: http://youtu.be/LT6Y-aMIBhE?t=1m5s (1.05)?

That's amazing! :o I hope there will be a high 'crash margin'. ;) Close battles/fights :P
Yes, that's what I hope too. In Mx Simulator you can't run in people like that, because they'll laugh off the track. I'd LOVE to see a simulator where you can actually battle with people.
I Agree, i also hope that you arent just Respawned back on the bike when you fall. Because it really takes away from the realism when you just teleport back on the bike and can fall and be back up and running in 3 seconds. It would be nice if you go down you have that NO! feeling you get instead of just being calm and collected about it because you scotty beams you back up on the bike.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

First post!  :D havent been involved in anything since mcm2 but the alpha footage has made me want to play an mx game again

this game looks amazing. Better looking physics than mxgp looks. Hope the air control is minimal like mx sim as in once you commit to the jump you cant change.  Cant wait - keep up the good work  :P

JT43

Quote from: gdubmx on February 18, 2014, 06:03:37 AM
Quote from: moto28 on February 18, 2014, 12:22:34 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on February 17, 2014, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on February 17, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Another question.
Are we able to blockpass people, or hit each other and not crash both, like in this video: http://youtu.be/LT6Y-aMIBhE?t=1m5s (1.05)?

That's amazing! :o I hope there will be a high 'crash margin'. ;) Close battles/fights :P
Yes, that's what I hope too. In Mx Simulator you can't run in people like that, because they'll laugh off the track. I'd LOVE to see a simulator where you can actually battle with people.
I Agree, i also hope that you arent just Respawned back on the bike when you fall. Because it really takes away from the realism when you just teleport back on the bike and can fall and be back up and running in 3 seconds. It would be nice if you go down you have that NO! feeling you get instead of just being calm and collected about it because you scotty beams you back up on the bike.
what do you propose then? We run around looking for our bikes and franticly wiggle the controllers stick whilst tapping a or x to pick up? Ah shoot this bike isn't mine... Let me try this bike over here... I guess some things just do not work in games which is why they never get added.
Come on Gary, you know that would be funny as hell. Especially if you could have modified bikes, you could pick up a faster bike by "accident"

moto28

Haha i was just thinking for the fact of realism. If you wod at the start you gotta wait for those other guys to get there bike off yours and it can get really frustrating too. Just thought that would be really cool!

DD

February 18, 2014, 05:27:45 PM #274 Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:38:22 PM by DD
I would love it if crashing was a big ordeal. Simply because it would promote clean racing. I have no issue with block passing and bumping into each other, my issue is when people constantly try to jump a larger rhythm and crash on it EVERY lap. I'm just like, "Yo, you realize that it's faster to not jump that than to crash every lap, right!?"
;D

I feel like running to your bike yourself and picking it up would be pretty difficult to implement for the dev team. I think an slightly easier solution could be if you crash, your rider can only fall so far from the bike (let's say 0-10 feet), and then it would just be an animation for the rider to stand up and run back to the bike. You could get really detailed with it and make crashes specific to steepness of the terrain you're on. The amount of time your rider stays on the ground before getting up can be related to how hard your rider hit the ground.

In my opinion, this would greatly improve online play. If there were real consequences to falling, it would make learning how to ride slow and smooth before going fast that much more important.

This sounds like it would take a while to code... I just have the ideas, not the ability to do it myself. :D

moto28

Completely agree DD! Yeah maybe they can work on it before its official realese or something. Definitely will take a while but definitely would be great!

Beaztown

Will you need an amazing computer to run this game?

moto28

Quote from: Beaztown on February 20, 2014, 03:38:54 AM
From my understanding of what has been said, No infact this game should run really well on low grade computers (Such as my own) and be able to run at maximum potential. Not sure if im correct but i believe so :D

MX181

Quote from: moto28 on February 20, 2014, 04:25:08 AM
Quote from: Beaztown on February 20, 2014, 03:38:54 AM
From my understanding of what has been said, No infact this game should run really well on low grade computers (Such as my own) and be able to run at maximum potential. Not sure if im correct but i believe so :D

maybe not max with a low end pc but you knows what the man can do.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

giopanda

is a supercross track in the works or already been done?
if so, is it 1:1 scale?
and if so, would it possible to see how the bike goes through it in the next video?
thanx

robos

Quote from: giopanda on February 25, 2014, 01:22:42 PM
is a supercross track in the works or already been done?
if so, is it 1:1 scale?
and if so, would it possible to see how the bike goes through it in the next video?
thanx

now, gio you're a smart man. I was just about to ask this question.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Id just love to see more gameplay. Maybe some 1st person some 3rd. Oh yeh and bring on the sx  ;D

kmracing99

Will there be smoke affects, for the 2 strokes? i'd love to sit at the start line revving the sh*t out of a 125 with smoke puffing out everywhere  8)

DD

Quote from: kmracing99 on February 25, 2014, 06:57:07 PM
Will there be smoke affects, for the 2 strokes? i'd love to sit at the start line revving the sh*t out of a 125 with smoke puffing out everywhere  8)
If you have smoke puffing out everywhere you might be running a little rich!

uollie

You mean you don't run 2:1?

Jetstreams over triples is BA  ;D