• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:04:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: mx43racing on March 14, 2014, 09:47:28 PM
Look into how Mx Simulator works with it's tracks and bikes, then you can get an understanding of basically how this will also work.
You can't compare this game with Mx Simulator. The two games are way different.

I'd also like to know if you've planned on some replica tracks in the official release?

Motoboss

To add.. How many tracks and bikes will be releases with the alpha? 1 and 1 or several?
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

mx43racing

im not comparing the game im comparing the way tracks and bikes are made, same as in mx simulator, roigs of rods, and a load of other open source moddable games like such.

DD

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 14, 2014, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: mx43racing on March 14, 2014, 09:47:28 PM
Look into how Mx Simulator works with it's tracks and bikes, then you can get an understanding of basically how this will also work.
You can't compare this game with Mx Simulator. The two games are way different.

I'd also like to know if you've planned on some replica tracks in the official release?
The track in the first video (maybe second, not sure) videos was Budds Creek.

janaucarre

Hello,
Sorry if that question already asked.
Will the system of export for the track (from 3ds) be the same as in gpbikes(same plugin)?
Will the prefix be the same as in gpbikes?
Is there going to be new prefix?
By prefix i mean the quality or the grip of each surface.
Thank you.

PiBoSo

Quote from: janaucarre on March 18, 2014, 08:51:00 PM
Hello,
Sorry if that question already asked.
Will the system of export for the track (from 3ds) be the same as in gpbikes(same plugin)?
Will the prefix be the same as in gpbikes?
Is there going to be new prefix?
By prefix i mean the quality or the grip of each surface.
Thank you.

There will be a new tool ( TerrainEd ) to generate a track from a heightmap, and new materials for the terrain.
3D objects ( for example walls ) are generated using the same prefixes.

onlyonetone

Hey PiBoSo, I haven't tried this in GP yet. Would a 7 axis gamepad be compatible? Or even a rigged setup? A lot of games don't support this and we have to end up making or finding a script.

PiBoSo

Quote from: onlyonetone on March 19, 2014, 05:59:34 AM
Hey PiBoSo, I haven't tried this in GP yet. Would a 7 axis gamepad be compatible? Or even a rigged setup? A lot of games don't support this and we have to end up making or finding a script.

All DirectInput controllers are supported.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2014, 11:52:10 AM

I have a logitech controller with a switch to choose between Xinput and DirectInput, but when its on DirectInput the triggers dont work, and when i get them working they dont act as axis's. Just 100% or 0% effect, like a button. This isnt just with GP-Bikes, this is for all games. My original thought was that DirectInput doesnt support axis's, but clearly I am mistaken. Anyone care to relieve me of my confusion?
Thanks!

PiBoSo

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 19, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

I have a logitech controller with a switch to choose between Xinput and DirectInput, but when its on DirectInput the triggers dont work, and when i get them working they dont act as axis's. Just 100% or 0% effect, like a button. This isnt just with GP-Bikes, this is for all games. My original thought was that DirectInput doesnt support axis's, but clearly I am mistaken. Anyone care to relieve me of my confusion?
Thanks!

XInput is supported with a plugin: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=95.0

MotoRogers499

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2014, 06:44:10 PM
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 19, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Thanks!

XInput is supported with a plugin: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=95.0
lol, i know, you told me before. Im saying in general, anything on an axis doesnt work when i have it on DirectInput. For ALL games, not just GP bikes. Is it a controller issue? I thought DirectInput controllers just dont work with axis's

Ruubs

Not 100% sure if I already asked this, but here is my question.

Are track creators able to add displacement maps onto the track. I'm NOT talking about the actual heightmap, but I mean a special displacement map. That way we can have way more detail on our tracks, similar to MX vs. ATV Reflex.
Here's a good example:
http://www.cggallery.com/images/tutorials/displacement_figure_06.jpg

onlyonetone

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 19, 2014, 11:38:04 PM

Are track creators able to add displacement maps onto the track. I'm NOT talking about the actual heightmap, but I mean a special displacement map. That way we can have way more detail on our tracks, similar to MX vs. ATV Reflex.
Here's a good example:

So, what you're saying is that you want to break my computer. Hah

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 19, 2014, 11:38:04 PM

Here's a good example:

It is possible to add a normal map to textures.
No effect on the physics, though.

Vortex_Damien

Hey Guys, Was just wondering when you guys are planning to release the uv layout for the ktm :)