• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:11:37 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Nordic bought the franchise last year and have re-hired Big Bang aka Rainbow studios to build the game. Altho the rather shit riding in that video is by Reinhard @ Nordic Games. check out their latest video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvjMMbF1iMM
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just looks like untamed

Madcowie

Taken a big step back in my opinion. I know its ment to be arcadey and despite alot of comments I have read about Reflex been good physics I actually preferred Alives. I know its ment to be arcadey but at the end of the day if you over jump a jump by 20 feet and land on a up slope you wanna fall off or if you land at 90 degrees you should go flying. If its flatout all the way round that wont entertain a 5 year old! Cant see it changing a right lot between now and release in September. Maybe next years might be good! After all despite it been crap Milestones effort this year was alot better than last years. Anyway balls to them games! Lets play MX Bikes soon!

frankie

I dont know if this question is ever asked before but how will we need to export the model so it could work in game? Like mxs?

PiBoSo

Quote from: frankie on June 27, 2014, 10:46:37 AM
I dont know if this question is ever asked before but how will we need to export the model so it could work in game? Like mxs?

There are 3dsmax and FBX exporters.

zracer94

A question for Madcowie.  As a current MXGP player it makes me curious  what are some of  your best laptimes on that game. They must be rediculously fast since you find it so easy. Just trying to find what the top players in the world can run.

onlyonetone

Its super easy to cut track on mxgp. So the lap times don't matter much. Ha

Madcowie

Quote from: zracer94 on June 27, 2014, 08:52:17 PM
A question for Madcowie.  As a current MXGP player it makes me curious  what are some of  your best laptimes on that game. They must be rediculously fast since you find it so easy. Just trying to find what the top players in the world can run.

Fair point and good question. Honest answer I haven't a clue and to be honest I based my summary on the fact that I dont fall off enough and ride far too many clean laps. Also I have crap internet where I live so I cant race online with it but I certainly dont expect to be the fastest. Therefore I have been playing career mode and so far haven't found a challenge. Having said that I haven't played it for weeks as its abit boring!

GDUBMX

Hey piboso,can we get an update on a potential release date please. Do you expect to release before Christmas or do you expect it to be early next year? I'm not asking for an exact date just more of a completion percentage. Cheers

thisisdef

Quote from: gdubmx on July 16, 2014, 07:16:36 PM
Hey piboso,can we get an update on a potential release date please. Do you expect to release before Christmas or do you expect it to be early next year? I'm not asking for an exact date just more of a completion percentage. Cheers

I think a percentage would be nice. A percentage could be the same for awhile while a release date would be too harsh.
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

PiBoSo

Definitely before Christmas  :)
Completion percentage is over 90%, but the rule of development is that the last 10% takes the 90% of the time  :)

MX181

July 17, 2014, 12:48:44 AM #626 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:13:10 PM by MX181
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 16, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Completion percentage is over 90%, but the rule of development is that the last 10% takes the 90% of the time  :)

Working on that rule, I guess your wrong in saying before Christmas haha you have been working on it for over six months haha  :P

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

thisisdef

:)
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

GDUBMX

Thanks alot mate. Just about to finish building my new rig so look forward to it. Thanks again Pib and keep up the great work. cheers

MXK_cdub85

I was just watching the videos again, my excitement is barley contained. I was wondering if you have made alterations to the engine sounds, I'm only talking about the constant backfire/popping noise. It seems to be the only issue I can find when watching them. It's just not right. Anyways only curious. Thanks for all of your hard work boys  ;D