• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:48:27 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUD

I'm having trouble noticing a difference between having Bump and Rebound at 0 or 15
Bike looks like it bottoms out after even some small jumps

Does Bump at 0 mean the suspension compresses quicker and at 15 it compresses slower?

Does Rebound at 0 mean quicker decompression and at 15 slower decompression?

Do they affect each other?

PizzaChet

Think of a shock with only a spring and no damping in either direction(like a pogo stick). It just bounces up and down like an old ambulance. Add compression damping and it's harder to compress it to bottoming (higher number=more resistance), add rebound damping and it won't spring back as fast(higher number=slower recovery to normal position). Too much compression and it bucks instead of absorbs bumps/impacts, too little and it bottoms too easy. Too much rebound and your tire won't follow the terrain, too little and you bounce back up in the air like a pogo stick. I adjust for balance/rideability. Hope this helps.  ;)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 24, 2015, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on March 24, 2015, 10:57:29 AM
Piboso we have 880 members here on the forum, I'm curious to know how many of which own the full game? I've only ever seen a maximum of 7racing online which is sad, beta 2 is still a lot of fun especially racing with guys online.

Many licenses were sold, but that's not really the point.
Until physics is improved and online is smoother, most users will not race.

Even Kart Racing Pro, that has 10 times the MX Bikes users, is not used much online.

I really wish I could play!! I don't have a PC that can run the game right now. It's not that the game is super demanding, it's just that I have a really shit laptop haha.
HOPEFULLY I will have finished my build soon, so I can get back online with yall and shred ;)

shanebell618

Is there any way to change the timezone for the forum? Or is it forced to pull from whatever time zone the server is located in?

Snappe

Quote from: shanebell618 on April 10, 2015, 02:08:16 AM
Is there any way to change the timezone for the forum? Or is it forced to pull from whatever time zone the server is located in?

Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout > Time Offset

shanebell618

Quote from: Snappe on April 10, 2015, 01:13:25 PM
Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout > Time Offset

Thanks

Mace-x

Piboso, does Mx bikes support Tarmac surface?

In the F.A.Q is not listed.

Are there different tractions such as sand, hardpacked etc.
Currently MXB has soil, soft soil, hardpacked soil, gravel, and sand.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mace-x on August 18, 2015, 01:40:47 AM
Piboso, does Mx bikes support Tarmac surface?

In the F.A.Q is not listed.

Are there different tractions such as sand, hardpacked etc.
Currently MXB has soil, soft soil, hardpacked soil, gravel, and sand.

Asphalt is supported.
There already are tracks using asphalt surfaces over the terrain ( for ramps ).

Mace-x

ooh i see, so you can set surfaces on objects, that´s nice!

Thanks a lot for the tip! :)

GDUBMX

Hey piboso, just a quick one. for some reason my stand model wont appear with colour in the game, what am i doing wrong?

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

RiccoChicco

Is your texture a power of 2 image in .tga?

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on October 01, 2016, 08:36:30 PM
What are all the files sent from the server? I know race data is sent, but are there others?
What do you mean exactly ?