• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
August 08, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta14e available! :)


Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
Hosting is pretty easy. There is no such thing as 'official' event, but you can make an event or championship of course. You need a good internet connection to host your dedicated server. You'll find everything you need once the game comes out. It's a .ini file (txt file) that you can edit as you wish (track, players, weather,...). 'Official' events are normally announced on the official forum, some of the GP Bikes events have 2 or more classes/lobbies for each race :D
Thanks for the reply. That sounds way easier than what I'm used to in Mx Simulator. Can you tell me how they pick the racing spots in GP bikes, since max 14 players are able to join a server at once, you need some sort of qualification to know who should be in the race, don't you?
How long do races normally take in GP bikes? In Mx Simulator (EMF) we don't have a qualifying race, we just have laptime qualifiers (http://mxsemf.com/races.php?op=showrace&id=173). I guess hosting qualifiers, practice, warmup lap, and races on one day will take very long, especcially 2 moto's of 25 minutes, for two classes.

I've read some sort of FAQ for GP bikes already, with servers commands etc, and it looks really simple to do, compared to Mx Simulator.

Arvoss

March 10, 2014, 10:40:25 PM #346 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:43:24 PM by Arvoss
Quote from: Sandbiter on March 10, 2014, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
Hosting is pretty easy. There is no such thing as 'official' event, but you can make an event or championship of course. You need a good internet connection to host your dedicated server. You'll find everything you need once the game comes out. It's a .ini file (txt file) that you can edit as you wish (track, players, weather,...). 'Official' events are normally announced on the official forum, some of the GP Bikes events have 2 or more classes/lobbies for each race :D
Thanks for the reply. That sounds way easier than what I'm used to in Mx Simulator. Can you tell me how they pick the racing spots in GP bikes, since max 14 players are able to join a server at once, you need some sort of qualification to know who should be in the race, don't you?
How long do races normally take in GP bikes? In Mx Simulator (EMF) we don't have a qualifying race, we just have laptime qualifiers (http://mxsemf.com/races.php?op=showrace&id=173). I guess hosting qualifiers, practice, warmup lap, and races on one day will take very long, especcially 2 moto's of 25 minutes, for two classes.

I've read some sort of FAQ for GP bikes already, with servers commands etc, and it looks really simple to do, compared to Mx Simulator.

Since GP Bikes is a small community it's 'First-come, first-served'. Normally everyone that wants to participate can participate. If there are 2 classes we start with a quali/hotlap event to divide the players in both classes. Our events are most of the time: 30mn practice, 15mn quali and 50% (+-30mn race). The 2 lobbies are hosted at the same time, but by a different host :D

PS: 2 classes = fast riders and a bit slower riders, not 2 different bike classes ;) So 28 riders in total ;)

Ruubs

Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Since GP Bikes is a small community it's 'First-come, first-served'. Normally everyone that wants to participate can participate. If there are 2 classes we start with a quali/hotlap event to divide the players in both classes. Our events are most of the time: 30mn practice, 15mn quali and 50% (+-30mn race). The 2 lobbies are hosted at the same time, but by a different host :D

PS: 2 classes = fast riders and a bit slower riders, not 2 different bike classes ;) So 28 riders in total ;)
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll talk with Yohann (second host of EMF), to see if we can host events in the future for Mx-bikes.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Since GP Bikes is a small community it's 'First-come, first-served'. Normally everyone that wants to participate can participate. If there are 2 classes we start with a quali/hotlap event to divide the players in both classes. Our events are most of the time: 30mn practice, 15mn quali and 50% (+-30mn race). The 2 lobbies are hosted at the same time, but by a different host :D

PS: 2 classes = fast riders and a bit slower riders, not 2 different bike classes ;) So 28 riders in total ;)
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll talk with Yohann (second host of EMF), to see if we can host events in the future for Mx-bikes.

Sounds like we already have a racing federation in MXB! Thanks to everyone at EMF Sandbiter, hope you guys can do this!

P.s: do you think you are gunna make a new website? or make a section in the current website? Or just get an EMF sticky thread in a racing topic in the forums?

robos

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 11, 2014, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on March 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Since GP Bikes is a small community it's 'First-come, first-served'. Normally everyone that wants to participate can participate. If there are 2 classes we start with a quali/hotlap event to divide the players in both classes. Our events are most of the time: 30mn practice, 15mn quali and 50% (+-30mn race). The 2 lobbies are hosted at the same time, but by a different host :D

PS: 2 classes = fast riders and a bit slower riders, not 2 different bike classes ;) So 28 riders in total ;)
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll talk with Yohann (second host of EMF), to see if we can host events in the future for Mx-bikes.

Sounds like we already have a racing federation in MXB! Thanks to everyone at EMF Sandbiter, hope you guys can do this!

P.s: do you think you are gunna make a new website? or make a section in the current website? Or just get an EMF sticky thread in a racing topic in the forums?
I think you can make an own forum so you can spam the shit out of urself

MotoRogers499

March 11, 2014, 04:54:06 PM #350 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:55:49 PM by MotoRogers499
Quote from: robos on March 11, 2014, 04:34:34 PM
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 11, 2014, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on March 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on March 10, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Since GP Bikes is a small community it's 'First-come, first-served'. Normally everyone that wants to participate can participate. If there are 2 classes we start with a quali/hotlap event to divide the players in both classes. Our events are most of the time: 30mn practice, 15mn quali and 50% (+-30mn race). The 2 lobbies are hosted at the same time, but by a different host :D

PS: 2 classes = fast riders and a bit slower riders, not 2 different bike classes ;) So 28 riders in total ;)
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll talk with Yohann (second host of EMF), to see if we can host events in the future for Mx-bikes.

Sounds like we already have a racing federation in MXB! Thanks to everyone at EMF Sandbiter, hope you guys can do this!

P.s: do you think you are gunna make a new website? or make a section in the current website? Or just get an EMF sticky thread in a racing topic in the forums?
I think you can make an own forum so you can spam the shit out of urself

You say I am spamming? You are the one off topic. I was asking a question, "questions thread"
Seriously dude....

Ruubs

Still not saying that we're going to host events for this game, I'd like to, but I'm not sure if we've the time for that.
If we will, we won't make a new website I'm sure.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 11, 2014, 05:19:37 PM
Still not saying that we're going to host events for this game, I'd like to, but I'm not sure if we've the time for that.
If we will, we won't make a new website I'm sure.

I know, hope you can, but if not its cool :D

Question: Will there be servers that allow mods and servers that don't? Like Open servers, Mod servers, and stock servers? It might be more fair this way. Even thinking in the future for series and such, it might be unfair to have advanced players able to mod and some who arent able.

moto28

Would modding the physics mean someone could like mod a physics engine so that its like impossible to fall or some other kind of crazy Unrealistic advantage or such?

GDUBMX

March 12, 2014, 09:59:22 AM #354 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:47:43 PM by gdubmx
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 12, 2014, 02:10:11 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on March 11, 2014, 05:19:37 PM
Still not saying that we're going to host events for this game, I'd like to, but I'm not sure if we've the time for that.
If we will, we won't make a new website I'm sure.

I know, hope you can, but if not its cool :D

Question: Will there be servers that allow mods and servers that don't? Like Open servers, Mod servers, and stock servers? It might be more fair this way. Even thinking in the future for series and such, it might be unfair to have advanced players able to mod and some who arent able.
tanner if you have actually played GP Bikes the full version you would know about the servers.. yes you have different servers such as a "stock" and "mod" server.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: moto28 on March 12, 2014, 02:45:56 AM
Would modding the physics mean someone could like mod a physics engine so that its like impossible to fall or some other kind of crazy Unrealistic advantage or such?

No.

MotoRogers499

March 12, 2014, 03:16:53 PM #356 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:21:52 PM by MotoRogers499
Quote from: gdubmx on March 12, 2014, 09:59:22 AM
tanner if you have actually played GP Bikes the full version you would know about the servers.. yes you have different servers such as a "stock" and "mod" server.

I am fine with the demo. Im not sure if im going to buy GP-Bikes or not. Its not a game i would take seriously, i just hop on for fun. Many people would think differently, but thats just me. Im not sure I want to BUY a game just so I can see features that MXB might possibly have.

Harrytmj66

Are you going to do many real world tracks? There are great motocross tracks at Mallory Park and Cadwell Park

MXK_cdub85

Tracks/riders/bikes will be handled by the community.

mx43racing

Look into how Mx Simulator works with it's tracks and bikes, then you can get an understanding of basically how this will also work.