• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 14, 2014, 11:07:13 PM
Quote from: onlyonetone on April 14, 2014, 10:45:09 PM
I think I recall him saying rain will effect the track but not in the first release.
I wasn't talking about the track, I was talking about the screen (getting dirt and water drops on it). Still good to know it'll effect the track in a later release!  :D

Of course you will see drops on the screen, what's the point of rain if nothing changes on your screen? Play the demo of GP Bikes in the rain and you can try tear offs in the rain ;)

onlyonetone

Ah. Sorry. Misread that. And yeah its like that in GP. So I imagine it will be in MXB.

moto28

+1 on the ability to take off goggles. would be awesome if your able to run out of tearoffs. Or is there an unlimited amount?

Arvoss

Quote from: moto28 on April 15, 2014, 12:32:17 AM
+1 on the ability to take off goggles. would be awesome if your able to run out of tearoffs. Or is there an unlimited amount?

In GP Bikes you have 5 tearoffs or so but in KRP you have unlimited tearoffs (probably a bug)

moto28

In the demo of Gp bikes you have unlimited too. Not sure how it would work out but it would be cool to choose the amount of them you put on. But i do realize there would be the people putting on 9999 and such.

onlyonetone

I can't find the post but piboso said there is a limited amount I think it was around 5 or so.

MX181

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 15, 2014, 01:09:15 AM
I can't find the post but piboso said there is a limited amount I think it was around 5 or so.

when doing 25 min moto races in real life i put 2 on backwards first (for backup) then i put about 7-8 on so i have roughly 10 i found you find yourself pulling one a lap on average.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

jberryman509

Quote from: MX181 on April 15, 2014, 03:02:12 AM
Quote from: onlyonetone on April 15, 2014, 01:09:15 AM

when doing 25 min moto races in real life i put 2 on backwards first (for backup) then i put about 7-8 on so i have roughly 10 i found you find yourself pulling one a lap on average.

Thanks for the idea! I always hate when I end up ripping off the last few and have to suffer with no tear offs for the rest of the race. never thought to put a few on backwards! Cheers!

onlyonetone

Forget tear offs. Just man it out. Ha

MX181

Quote from: onlyonetone on April 15, 2014, 08:13:56 PM
Forget tear offs. Just man it out. Ha

Ohk Mr.Weekend warrior

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

onlyonetone

MXK_cdub85

April 16, 2014, 11:01:13 AM #401 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:07:24 AM by MXK_cdub85
Is there going to be tire pressure adjustments? Different models of tire that offer different grip? (Perhaps done by modders)

Will the sounds in the preview videos be close to the final sounds, with the popping and brake squeal constantly?

You recently mentioned adding an electric start system. Obviously that indicates the option of having a full manual clutch with stalling, as in gp-bikes. Is there going to be kick starting also, with an animation? If so, will it fire first kick?

Also, thought I'd ask, how confident/happy are you guys with the feeling of whips and scrubs? It was a real breakthrough when Mx simulator came out and had the most realistic whips of any game ever before. In the Mx game world, that is a big deal.

Sorry for all the questions, just stuff I'm curious of. Can not be more excited for the release of the alpha!

PiBoSo

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on April 16, 2014, 11:01:13 AM
Is there going to be tire pressure adjustments? Different models of tire that offer different grip? (Perhaps done by modders)

Yes and yes.

Will the sounds in the preview videos be close to the final sounds, with the popping and brake squeal constantly?

Yes.

You recently mentioned adding an electric start system. Obviously that indicates the option of having a full manual clutch with stalling, as in gp-bikes. Is there going to be kick starting also, with an animation? If so, will it fire first kick?

There will be kick starting, too, but not in the first release.

Also, thought I'd ask, how confident/happy are you guys with the feeling of whips and scrubs? It was a real breakthrough when Mx simulator came out and had the most realistic whips of any game ever before. In the Mx game world, that is a big deal.

It's all work in progress.

GDUBMX

Piboso.. Can you give us a rough eta of the alpha? Just rough, give or take 2 or 3 days.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

ChrisK