• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
August 08, 2020, 09:04:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta14e available! :)


Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevos758

It looks like some changes have been made to the site! Looks like the FAQ was updated a few days ago saying release around the end of the 3rd quarter! Great things are happening!

Thanks for all the hard work!

GDUBMX

Snappe/Piboso could you answer something for me please.
Will the directory for MXb be the same as GPbikes? for example we have to create folders:

Helmets
Paints
Bikes
Riders
Gloves
Boots

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Alby46

Quote from: gdubmx on September 26, 2014, 06:54:08 PM
Snappe/Piboso could you answer something for me please.
Will the directory for MXb be the same as GPbikes? for example we have to create folders:

Helmets
Paints
Bikes
Riders
Gloves
Boots
you forgot tracks, but i think it will be the same

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on September 26, 2014, 06:54:08 PM
Snappe/Piboso could you answer something for me please.
Will the directory for MXb be the same as GPbikes? for example we have to create folders:

Helmets
Paints
Bikes
Riders
Gloves
Boots

Yes.

This is the structure:
Bikes
- 350xf
-- paints
Rider
- boots
- fonts
- gloves
- helmets
-- default
--- paints
- paints
- protections
-- default
-- neck

GDUBMX

sick fonts! so that means we can add font files yeh? also is there an option to change the font colour?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on September 26, 2014, 07:31:18 PM
sick fonts! so that means we can add font files yeh? also is there an option to change the font colour?

Not colour only.
To change it, a new font is needed.

GDUBMX

right ok, if you wouldnt mind could you explain a little further on how it all works? we copy a "truetype" or "opentype" actual font file into the folder and the game will determine the colour?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on September 26, 2014, 07:35:08 PM
right ok, if you wouldnt mind could you explain a little further on how it all works? we copy a "truetype" or "opentype" actual font file into the folder and the game will determine the colour?

For numbers: a bitmap with the 10 digits printed.
For text: a bitmap with the 26 letters.

GDUBMX

ok cool, im assuming the "stock" one which comes with your model can be viewed using "painted.exe" yeh? if so thats cool then we can figure out the rest. cheers Piboso i do appreciate you taking the time to respond. and are we talking monday midnight release?? :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on September 26, 2014, 07:40:05 PM
ok cool, im assuming the "stock" one which comes with your model can be viewed using "painted.exe" yeh? if so thats cool then we can figure out the rest. cheers Piboso i do appreciate you taking the time to respond. and are we talking monday midnight release?? :D

Fonts are simple TGA bitmaps.

Midbeck

Is it just me or is the track previews on the homepage just a gray box? Would love to see the pictures :)
#DirtyEuro

GDUBMX

Piboso, which program/s do you use to add your trees and other objects to your tracks?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on September 28, 2014, 11:41:00 AM
Piboso, which program/s do you use to add your trees and other objects to your tracks?

Snappe should answer.
Anyway: 3dsmax.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Webby

I cant seem to get my gear to show up so, what do i name the .tga(bikes: livery) and does it fall under paints?