• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaseoDip

Is there a way to set your rear and front brake on the same axis?

onlyonetone

Quote from: KaseoDip on October 04, 2014, 10:51:21 PM

I do this with an external program. I use xpadder. I just assign one key to the left trigger and then set that key as rear brake in game.

GDUBMX

Piboso/Snappe can we customise the in-game bike stand?

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

moto28

^ my life would be so complete if you could. That would be so amazing :D

Jeston

I modelled a bike stand a while ago... dunno if there's a way to get it in game or not.
I'll just leave it here and let ya'll mess around wih it  ;D

Link: www.mediafire.com/?4i33ajpjg3j3k1x

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on October 05, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

misc/stand/

moto28

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 05, 2014, 11:47:45 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on October 05, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

misc/stand/
cant seem to get it to work :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 04, 2014, 10:59:54 PM

I do this with an external program. I use xpadder. I just assign one key to the left trigger and then set that key as rear brake in game.
We have already had this discussion in GPB. My opinion, this is borderline cheating.

MaX.

acr21

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2014, 08:45:50 PM
We have already had this discussion in GPB. My opinion, this is borderline cheating.

MaX.

Please explain.

acr21

Quote from: geofanatec on October 06, 2014, 09:05:55 PM

MaX.

Well....I'd have to agree just on the simple fact that on a bike in RL you don't have them on 1 control ;D

If I could rig up my real life bike so that both brakes were on 1 control would you consider it cheating?

HornetMaX

Quote from: acr21 on October 06, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

MaX.

Well....I'd have to agree just on the simple fact that on a bike in RL you don't have them on 1 control ;D

If I could rig up my real life bike so that both brakes were on 1 control would you consider it cheating?

Yes if the real life rules state that it's illegal.

Combined brakes AFAIK do not exist in races (neither road/track, nor mx).

They do exist in road bikes though (Honda CBS).

In the context of the game/simulator, if it was Piboso intention to provide combined braking, you'd have an option in the input settings.

Just my 2.5x10^0 cents.

MaX.

acr21

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2014, 09:47:53 PM
Quote from: acr21 on October 06, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

MaX.

Yes if the real life rules state that it's illegal.

Combined brakes AFAIK do not exist in races (neither road/track, nor mx).

They do exist in road bikes though (Honda CBS).

In the context of the game/simulator, if it was Piboso intention to provide combined braking, you'd have an option in the input settings.

Just my 2.5x10^0 cents.

MaX.

The way I see it, if you are using a gamepad such as a 360 controller(which is most people I believe) you are basically like someone trying to ride with a handicap. As far as I can tell it is almost impossible to get all the controls onto analog inputs on a gamepad. If an amputee came to a race with both his brakes on his front brake lever I don't think anyone would tell him he was cheating.

HornetMaX

Quote from: acr21 on October 06, 2014, 09:54:50 PM
If an amputee came to a race with both his brakes on his front brake lever I don't think anyone would tell him he was cheating.
Reasoning is wrong from the start, because neither you nor me are invalid. We all use a pad (well, mostly), hence we are on par (with respect to each other).

GPB/MXB/KRP/WRS do not provide combined braking, because in reality you don't have it. A simple as that.

Then of course, you can use it and nobody will be able to detect you. No big deal to me. But still some sort of cheating in my own books.
Others' opinion can be different, of course.

MaX.

P.S.
What if I manage to script a keyboard macro to "auto-scrub" jumps ? Can I use the "amputee" argument ?

acr21

So since we are all amputees none of us get rear brakes? Personally I think the best solution to this is to make it so we can put both brakes on one input in game, that way we all have the option. Right now we tell the rider through controller input to lean this far over and he tries his best to do it using piboso's steering logic. What is wrong with telling the rider to brake this much and he applies both brakes to attempt to brake that much?

HornetMaX

No in-game option = no go. Just my opinion.

Also, with a joypad and two hands, you definitely can use an independent rear brake. Unless you're an amputee for real, which I somehow doubt :)

MaX.