• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:20:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acr21

Quote from: AWood on February 05, 2014, 07:26:22 PM
Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2014, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 06:57:27 PM
I remember reading that we will be able to change the helmet model but will we also be able to change the boot model, chest protector model, and neck brace model? I realize it will probably be possible to change the entire rider but it would be really nice to be able to mix and match different boots/chest protector/neck brace without having to create a custom rider model.

It will be possible to change the helmet and neck brace.
It will be possible to have separate paints for helmet, suit, boots and gloves.

So it sounds like we will be stuck with the default boot and chest protector models. Obviously we can change the color but that doesn't help if we want to have a different model boot (e.g. Gaerne sg12, Alpinestars Tech 10) or chest protector. Not a huge deal but maybe in the future we could get those split up. Doesn't change the fact that I'm really looking forward to this game.

Edit: P.s. Would be really great to have separate models/paints for goggles as well. Not everyone wants the same goggles on their helmet.
He just said boots will have seperate paints. Which most likely means they will be a separate model so you can model whatever you want and put them there

Separate paints does not mean a separate model; it means a separate texture.

DD

He also means separate model.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DD on February 05, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

Not on the rider, because it is rigged.

acr21

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Would it be possible to combine the models into a single model in code before they are used in the animation/physics simulation?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 09:12:31 PM

Would it be possible to combine the models into a single model in code before they are used in the animation/physics simulation?

Everything is possible, but would it be worth it?
How could modders rig gloves and boots to the existing skeleton?
Also, having fixed boots and gloves models would mean less fragmentation and less contents to sync between users.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2014, 09:17:06 PM

Also, having fixed boots and gloves models would mean less fragmentation and less contents to sync between users.
i personally think this would be better anyway, yeah we can make different skins which resemble the actual models irl. at least more focus will go into gameplay rather than these lesser details. sure i would like different model goggles and boots but its kinda irrelevant imo.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on February 05, 2014, 09:23:31 PM

i personally think this would be better anyway, yeah we can make different skins which resemble the actual models irl. at least more focus will go into gameplay rather than these lesser details. sure i would like different model goggles and boots but its kinda irrelevant imo.

It will be possible to change goggles, but only if the helmet is changed, too.

acr21

PiBoSo, can you share why you are allowing a separate neck brace model but not a separate chest protector model? Just curious what the implications are for the chest protector that are not present for the neck brace. Thanks.

AWood

I for one can't stand wearing a chest protector in a game.

But, does that mean somebody could take your model and then change the boot section to a new model (still attached to the rest that's original) and put it back in game. Then when we skin the new boots they're an updated model than the rest. Since they're all attached.

acr21

On this point I think having separate models actually ensures less fragmentation. With separate models you can create hundreds of different gear combos just by downloading a couple boot models, a couple goggle models, a couple helmet models, and a couple chest protector models. Without separate models if someone wants Tech 10 boots, a Shoei helmet, Oakley goggles and a Fox chest protector they have to create their own specific model which they then have to share and everyone has to download. I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't let me know and I will try to explain better.

DD

Shows how much I know.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 09:50:31 PM
PiBoSo, can you share why you are allowing a separate neck brace model but not a separate chest protector model? Just curious what the implications are for the chest protector that are not present for the neck brace. Thanks.

The neck brace will most likely include the chest protection.
Nothing is finalized yet, though.

MotoRogers499

Does the game have rider lean side to side? or is it just bike counter-steer?

PiBoSo

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on February 05, 2014, 11:04:04 PM
Does the game have rider lean side to side? or is it just bike counter-steer?

Bike counter-steer is automatically controlled by the virtual rider.
Rider lateral and longitudinal lean are separate from bike lean.

showtimemx

I think this is a big issue that came up in MX Simulator.  If you have a set of red gear and you're boots are tied to the gear you end up making 40 different combinations of that gear so people can use red gear with white alpinestar boots.  Where as similar to MX vs atv you make boots in the different colors and they can select any boots with the different gear.  Meaning 1 set of red gear with any boots you choose.

it will save huge amounts of space on my hard drive.