• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midbeck

Quote from: Dylan14 on February 06, 2014, 09:24:12 PM
I'd much rather see these creators work on making the game play well, instead of modelling stupid boots no one will really see anyway.

We are not talking about piboso do boots, what we are asking for is to make it possible to model new ones. Why would you not want that? If you ask me as much things as possible to model is a good thing. It's not something you have to do but it's nice to have it possible if you want to and it's nothing that harms the gameplay.
#DirtyEuro

Dylan14

Oh ok yeah I get ya. I must just be the only one that doesn't care what model boots my virtual rider is wearing.

Arvoss

Quote from: Dylan14 on February 06, 2014, 09:32:38 PM
Oh ok yeah I get ya. I must just be the only one that doesn't care what model boots my virtual rider is wearing.

I don't care too :P I mean on GP Bikes there is only 1 model but hundreds of different textures that make the boots look different. As Snappe said: it will be difficult to see the difference in replay and when you ride onboard you can't even see your boots lol :P

Dylan14

Quote from: Arvoss on February 06, 2014, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: Dylan14 on February 06, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

I don't care too :P I mean on GP Bikes there is only 1 model but hundreds of different textures that make the boots look different. As Snappe said: it will be difficult to see the difference in replay and when you ride onboard you can't even see your boots lol :P

My thoughts exactly.

acr21

And Dylan14, was it necessary to call everyone who doesn't share your opinion a "little bitch"?

showtimemx

February 06, 2014, 09:55:49 PM #185 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:04:11 PM by showtimemx
Quote from: Motoboss on February 06, 2014, 08:28:10 PM
Wow Showtime you put up a passionate fight..I'm gonna need you for getting tracks in game when that topic comes around...lol
Great job explaining

Hahaha guess I Can be a little passionate when it comes to motocross games.  This particular issue is one that I wanted very badly to be fixed in mx sim.  Gio and myself modeled and created a gear pack that had over 60 sets of gear in it and it was a nightmare for one reason.  We had to make each gear with almost 8 different sets of boots and it was a time consuming mess.  We had a whole set of thor gear that we put gearne, alpinestars, and fox boots with each set of thor gear and like I said it was a pain and even then someone was always asking did you make the gear with blue alpinestars?

So this is one of the reasons I feel its a huge deal to just separate the boots and then you don't have to worry about it.

Same goes with the helmet and goggles just wait til people start throwing a fit because their shoei helmet has spy goggles instead of Oakley's

We aren't asking for piboso to have to model said boots, the community can do that, just make it on option. 

Lastly for those that say well you never see the boots, some of us ride in 3rd person view and love being able to see my setup (makes me all sorts of happy when I see an awesome setup with my rider)

But don't worry good buddy (looks at motoboss) if you need some advocacy with track making items I will be ready to defend and debate.

End rant
Showtimemx

MotoRogers499

Visuals are the least of my worry. Having a game that plays well is first on the list,  after we can worry about little things like boots :P
Still think people should be able to import their own models into the game though. for EVERYTHING. Just gives those who know how to model some play time. :D

Motoboss

I think you guys are missing the point of what the modelers and skinners are trying to get across... There not worried about the visuals right now ..There asking the creator to set up the rider model and bike model in a certain way so later on down the road there wont be problems ..Since the game is in very early stages now is the time to do it...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MX181

Quote from: Motoboss on February 06, 2014, 08:28:10 PM
Wow Showtime you put up a passionate fight..I'm gonna need you for getting tracks in game when that topic comes around...lol
Great job explaining

Although with tracks I think our fate is sealed already in terms of how tracks are going to work  :'(

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Arvoss

Some guys are already complaining about details and other stuff and the first release is not even out... Keep calm and wait until the release :P

DD

Quote from: Arvoss on February 06, 2014, 10:42:34 PM
Some guys are already complaining about details and other stuff and the first release is not even out... Keep calm and wait until the release :P
Agreed.

Also, too many personal battles/post already happening. Let's stop that.

Thank you.

GDUBMX

As milestone released their second gameplay video today, are the chances slim that we'll get a new video or screenshot :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Arvoss

Quote from: gdubmx on February 07, 2014, 03:49:19 PM
As milestone released their second gameplay video today, are the chances slim that we'll get a new video or screenshot :)

Nice try :P An onboard video would be epic  ::)

AWood

Quote from: gdubmx on February 07, 2014, 03:49:19 PM
It would be cool but i think they said somewhere else it will be a while before their next video

Mace-x

Quote from: Arvoss on February 06, 2014, 10:42:34 PM

It´s better to try and build the game with these changes from the base, it´ll be a huge problem when the coding is in a further stage :)

I totally agree with showtime,having different options for boots, gloves, googles and helmets for the rider and wheels for the bike would be dope!
Also mx simulator online never worked right due the huge amount of skins combinations there where.
I as a modeler wouldnt mind having to properly weight my models to get them ingame.