• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:00:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Paleta Raceway v2!

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, March 31, 2016, 10:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: 74med |GHOST on December 26, 2020, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on March 31, 2016, 10:30:43 AMThought I'd start a new topic for this since it's a complete overhaul.

Every line on the heightmap has been re created except the one whoops section. All corners now have a much better bowl shape, inside lines are far easier to grab and generally speaking the entire thing is much better for Beta 4. Textures have also had a complete overhaul while trying to stay true to the look of v1.

Objects are new. I've kept the bridge as it's like any motocross track with a feature like a bridge - it stays, also kept a few of the plastic barriers and the concrete pipes in the landings. The rest is all new. Also I've had my first go at animated textures - The wind farm in the distance was made by rendering 24 frames of animation in sketchup of a wind turbine I made and it was totally worth it, it really breathes life into the environment when you catch a glimpse of one out the corner of your eye!

Have also added 3 custom made skydomes for clear, cloudy and rainy and have tweaked the ambient light settings as best I can to get the track to match (rainy is probably a little bit dark but hey, it's a storm in the desert).

Race data is all new, centerline now follows the outside line around corners but inside enough to give way to people railing the outside berm to avoid too many respawn collisions. 40 man gate, 40 pit spots, working marshals, 11 checkpoints and carefully placed bales to try and make it impossible to cut.

All in all this is the most complete track I've done and am very happy with how it's turned out. I've also learned a lot from the way I've done things over time and I think this is the new benchmark for my tracks from now on.

Anyway.. ENJOY!  8) Looking forward to tearing this up with you all online.

http://www.mxb-central.com/paleta-raceway-v2-2/

Hello Tfc, can you please delete your link ? ? because it's dangerous ! I had already had a problem and I had reported it on the discord but it was a very long time ago.

Sorry about that.. All done. Thanks to iNsane for mxb mods & GDUB for uploading it for me 👍