• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:22:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing

Started by pulse, January 31, 2014, 02:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motoboss

February 09, 2014, 02:01:20 PM #90 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:02:59 PM by Motoboss

Quote from: MX181 on February 09, 2014, 01:10:52 PM
i was thinking and for you guys who liked the mx simulator ingame editor. i wonder if it will be possible to make it in there and convert it over or if it is going to be to big of a crazy differance from the two game like say MVA to MXS was

Yes it would be possible... The only issue is not knowing the process of getting it in game witch they will tell us when the time comes.. I'm sure on converting tracks from Mx Sim tracks will have to be altered to suit the physics ..I just hope its not a huge difference just tweaks hear and there .. Going from a sim to a sim in theory shouldn't be..Well just have to wait and see
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

giopanda

February 09, 2014, 02:41:28 PM #91 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:43:06 PM by giopanda
i was thinking and for you guys who liked the mx simulator ingame editor. i wonder if it will be possible to make it in there and convert it over or if it is going to be to big of a crazy differance from the two game like say MVA to MXS was

I don't know how nice would be toward both developers, but i think it's doable as long as you keep the resolution and scale matching

Edit:
Ah didn't see motoboss' post, but i totally agree with him

rafagas

If I like MXB that's what I'll do, for sure. It may be difficult in the beginning to understand how the jumps/bumps/ruts will have to be built compared to MXS but it's just a matter of trial and error.
I'll start converting some GP replicas to compare both physics and understand what I have to change for MXB.

bearded4glory

One thing that would be great would be the ability to reload the terrain without restarting the track all the time.  Since there is no in game editor there will be a lot of trial and error and if you have to reload the track all the time that will be very annoying.

Phathry25

From what I've read on the wiki in GP Bikes track creators are limited three predefined tractions for their tracks. Will this be the same for MX Bikes or will the creator be able to make their own custom traction settings?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on February 10, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
From what I've read on the wiki in GP Bikes track creators are limited three predefined tractions for their tracks. Will this be the same for MX Bikes or will the creator be able to make their own custom traction settings?

There is a limited number of pre-defined terrains.
Modders will be able to change tires' grip for each surface, though.

Motoboss

I really like the idea of a limited amount of traction's.. I think this is a big problem in MX Sim letting people mess with it... Reason being you dont know if the reason your bike is having problems is if its either the bike set up or the traction....
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

AWood

Sounds good. Dirt, sand, and mud. That's what i would expect. But I'm guessing you can texture them anyway. So if you want concrete. Texture it as concrete, and mod the  grip for whatever surface you use as concrete to feel like concrete instead of say, mud.

DD

Dry dirt, moist dirt, soaked dirt, concrete, pavement, metal mesh, tall grass, short grass, deep sand, shallow sand, deep snow, shallow snow, ice, wood, and water.

Anything else? Pretty sure that this would be enough variation for any track...

MX181

Quote from: DD on February 10, 2014, 09:25:05 PM
Dry dirt, moist dirt, soaked dirt, concrete, pavement, metal mesh, tall grass, short grass, deep sand, shallow sand, deep snow, shallow snow, ice, wood, and water.

What the hell is metal mesh?

I don't think snow and all that's so important, I think it just needs to be nice and simple like; sand, dirt, loam, mud, and a few others.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

AWood

Quote from: MX181 on February 11, 2014, 12:46:22 AM
Quote from: DD on February 10, 2014, 09:25:05 PM

I don't think snow and all that's so important, I think it just needs to be nice and simple like; sand, dirt, loam, mud, and a few others.
Might mean freestyle ramps. Umm, and grass and stuff would be necessary.

DD

AWood is correct. In the case that you would be making freestyle ramps or even a different obstacle. I included everything you said in my list and others that could be needed.

MX181

Quote from: DD on February 11, 2014, 01:53:05 AM

AWood is correct. In the case that you would be making freestyle ramps or even a different obstacle. I included everything you said in my list and others that could be needed.

for starters a metal mesh would be pointless (settle down ;) ). the reason for this is the ramp would not be apart of the terrain it would be a model with collisions.

and i know you named these but what i meant was dont go so indepth (deep sand and shallow sand for example. isnt sand sand really?).
i hope i cleared things up a little DD

DD

Yes, you could just use model ramps, but with a metal mesh traction, you wouldn't HAVE to  ;) I am assuming it would be easiest (and it would play the best) to have the ramp or obstacle traction done on the terrain rather than with collisions. But that is just my assumption as an avid MX game player  :D

Anyways, I disagree with deep sand and shallow sand being the same. If you have ever ridden on a pure sand track in Florida and then compared that to a sand track in Maryland, you have two completely different feelings. Honestly, you can go WAY more in-depth than I did. My list was what I thought to be the smallest amount of traction types and still have plenty of variation (I wasn't taking tire choice into account, which will add a lot of variation in traction).

Not that it matters anyways, because I am not a developer and it will be up to PiBoSo and Snappe to include what they want to include.

MX181

Quote from: DD on February 11, 2014, 04:02:04 AM
Yes, you could just use model ramps, but with a metal mesh traction, you wouldn't HAVE to  ;) I am assuming it would be easiest (and it would play the best) to have the ramp or obstacle traction done on the terrain rather than with collisions. But that is just my assumption as an avid MX game player  :D

i just think the ramp would look a ton of a lot better but i mean yes thatll work and there is heaps of tracks in other games users have created ramps and the ride good. although ramps should ride good just no creator has ever created a proper collision system.

Anyways, I disagree with deep sand and shallow sand being the same. If you have ever ridden on a pure sand track in Florida and then compared that to a sand track in Maryland, you have two completely different feelings. Honestly, you can go WAY more in-depth than I did. My list was what I thought to be the smallest amount of traction types and still have plenty of variation (I wasn't taking tire choice into account, which will add a lot of variation in traction).

i have never rode Florida or for that fact america as i'm Aussie. although i do know what you mean. i was just trying to keep it more simple and not so broad. although broad would be good i just don't think broad is what we will get ;)

Not that it matters anyways, because I am not a developer and it will be up to PiBoSo and Snappe to include what they want to include.

no this discussion is good and it does matter, as pib will read this and take it into account when doing these things.