• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:39:40 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Why do people use 2strokes?

Started by A17Zazueta, March 06, 2020, 03:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A17Zazueta

Allow me to go more in depth.
I started off using the 250 4-stroke then moved on to the 450 4-stroke pretty quickly. Every now and then I try to use one of the two strokes either The YZ 125 or 250.
Here is where the main question of the post comes into effect.
When I'm riding the 250 two-stroke it seems so extremely slow compared to the 450 Even when I try using the clutch for all it's worth it still seems so much slower both in corners and on straights. I have seen people put down !INCREDIBLE! Lap times on both 125 and 250 two strokes. Am I not using the clutch properly? Don't have the right gearing? Or am I just not riding the track properly?
Lastly if you do ride a two-stroke why do you prefer it over the four strokes?

FattyMcBeardo

I use the Honda CR125 just for the fun factor and to see if I can keep up. Cant say that is why most people do it, but for me its the fun factor and challenge. To see if I can hit everything on the track and put down some heaters. You have to be able to carry your speed more through corners on the 2 strokes, at least the 125. And you have to seat bounce a lot of the big jumps. And if you didn't get a good run through the corner you wont make it even with the seat bounce. The clutch is used a lot more than on the 2 stroke also. You can make a lot more mistakes on one of the 4t and still make the jump or section you want.

It just takes some time to get used to. Its a ton of fun for me to basically hold the 125 wide open around the whole track and listen to that little bike scream ha.

teeds

2t only bikes here, 2 strokes are easier and much cheaper to fix engine top end wise but 4 Strokes are faster and easier to ride.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

FattyMcBeardo

Quote from: teeds on March 06, 2020, 04:58:53 PM2t only bikes here, 2 strokes are easier and much cheaper to fix engine top end wise but 4 Strokes are faster and easier to ride.

I think he meant in game. But you are correct anyway. I just recently went back to a 2 stroke after being on a 4t for a while. Definitely harder to ride but I think more fun in a sense.

teeds

Quote from: FattyMcBeardo on March 06, 2020, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: teeds on March 06, 2020, 04:58:53 PM2t only bikes here, 2 strokes are easier and much cheaper to fix engine top end wise but 4 Strokes are faster and easier to ride.

I think he meant in game. But you are correct anyway. I just recently went back to a 2 stroke after being on a 4t for a while. Definitely harder to ride but I think more fun in a sense.

Ahh ok  ;D As soon he mentioned clutch slipping I assumed irl, most don't use the clutch in game. Same applies bar the engine bit. Gearing is important on the 2ts, the power band is slim and you need the right gearing to help keep you in it.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

A17Zazueta

March 08, 2020, 03:32:22 AM #5 Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:56:45 AM by A17Zazueta
Thanks for the informative responses. I guess I'm just not that effective at sustaining my speed through corners.
I also need to learn where the power band is on a two strokes. Any advice on that? When to shift / when not to???

Opinion not relevant to above.
After riding many laps on Florida T&T on two strokes. Honda Suzuki and Yamaha (getting clean laps)
I switched back to the 450 4 stroke and it just felt so much more fun. I enjoy having to manage my throttle control and really think about my breaking zones.

CBM Racing

It's a lot harder to go fast on the 2-Strokes so for myself who has had this game for only like 3 weeks now when I jump over to the 250F it is so much easier to go fast! Plus I grew up Racing 2-Strokes and they are a lot of fun!