• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

crashing to desktop after leaving online server

Started by holtergeist, April 06, 2020, 02:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holtergeist

when exiting/leaving a online server, upon returning to main "race" menu, the game crashes to desktop. this happens most of the time. even when returning to menu from my own online server.
"hole-shot, pin-it, knock everybody down, go through the second corner, come out in front" -TP199

stevo

Me too.....when returning to the main menu....there is a timeout message....clicking on ok then crashes you to desktop....

StoneRider

same. it's may be because we just updated our steam version. I'll try to do a clean instal and tell you if it fix it

wanderleis

Quote from: StoneRider on April 06, 2020, 12:59:50 PMsame. it's may be because we just updated our steam version. I'll try to do a clean instal and tell you if it fix it

Ok.

I installed the Beta 14 with the standalone license.
Not sure if it's the steam update.

StoneRider

wanderleis

Big Smooth one3

Add me to the list. Can basically only join 1 server per game launch. As soon as I back out of a server I get the "Connection Timeout" message immediately followed by a game crash.

Loky91

Quote from: StoneRider on April 06, 2020, 02:16:04 PMyup, doesn't seems to be the problem...

i did clean install of the whole game and it is still crashing after exiting online server......even if its my own.
Anyone have a clue to solve this?

PiBoSo

It is a code bug, that has been solved. The fix will be integrated in the next update.

jtrs_61

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2020, 11:12:31 PMIt is a code bug, that has been solved. The fix will be integrated in the next update.

thanks! you guys rock!!!

CBM Racing

April 11, 2020, 09:39:06 PM #11 Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:58:30 PM by CBM Racing
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2020, 11:12:31 PMIt is a code bug, that has been solved. The fix will be integrated in the next update.
UPDATE:
I just found this out! When you leave the Server if you hit the ESC button it doesn't CTD. It only crashes when you hit the menu button under where it says "Connection Timeout". I didnt know if that would help you narrow down the issue.
Thank You!! It used to happen when connecting to a server now it happens when leaving one. The world of computer code I will never understand. Thanks PiBoSo for staying on top of these things!!

Majik

Same issue as the above, any plan on when the fix/update will be released?

Big Smooth one3

So it's been 9 or 10 days since the daily dev log stated this issue had been fixed, but we still don't have a released patch/fix...is it not possible to push out a simple quick-fix while you're putting together whatever larger update/patch will be released in the future? When we troubleshoot software issues at my work, a bottom line assumption for prioritizing issues is "does it stop the business from running?" This bug is quite literally something that stops the game from running. I mean, I get that mistakes happen, not asking for perfection in any way but...come'on, you've had it "fixed" for 10 days, yet we still encounter this issue every time we try to play online.

Is there at least an ETA for this to be pushed out? Thanks in advance.

iNsane

A patch would really be greatly welcome as it is a game breaking thing that happens each time you leave a server. Everytime this happens my thought is "well yeah not gonna start it up again as it loads too long with mods installed anyways".

beta13c came as a quick patch really fast after beta13 release.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal