• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta14 - Phyiscs Poll

Started by iNsane, April 06, 2020, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

Hello everyone,
as the Discord is getting flooded with a lot spamming between actual feedbacks, we thought about doing a poll about how you all like or dislike the new changes for both bike behaviour and physics in general.

If you voted for something, please mention what your option was and write a little explanation what you think feels different.

Please note that you should ONLY give feedback considering the use of the STOCK MSM bikes. Current OEM bikes are rideable, but they are not updated to the new changes of the game engine, so please keep that in mind.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

I'll start as always

Option: Great Improvement

In my opinion and after riding the MSM 250xf for around 3 hours and playing around with the camera settings (both locked, unlocked; changing the FOV/pitch/...) I started to really like the new physics and bike behaviour in general. Whips feel awesome, the bouncyness got way better, if you case a jump you actually get punished for it and your front washes out/you fall. In b13c it was really forgiving if you case jumps but this wasn't the real deal, IMO.

Cornering feels great too, I still can try to drag bars but you have to get used to the fact that you can't rocket out of a corner anymore really. The grip has been a bit reduced which makes the game feel greatly better and more realistic. The usage of rider weight became a very important task to do when trying to get fast, this is great.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

StoneRider

i think it is a great improvement. I love the feeling of the new suspension, i love the modifications made to the lean and rider movements. the new grip also feels way more accurate, and i'm glad that braking feels like we are riding in actual dirt. i also love the fact that we can't launch an insane jump, land flat and be fine anymore. suspensions feels way more realistic. in my opinion, this is a big step forward.

YooHazy|HM

after playing around and getting a setup and messing w a few things on the msms the whips physics are amazing but IMO the old physics are ALOT better. with the new physics you cant really "over jump" anything without washing the front wheel even if you barley over jump something. i feel as we should keep the new whip physics but bring back the old bike and rider physics from beta 13.

Grimoire

alot of good improvements on beta 14 but i must say i liked beta 13 more alot of rough tracks feel weird now cause you're so glued to the ground and the rider is alot stiffer now if you ride 1st person that doesn't really matter but i don't want to ride 1st person all the time another thing that happens alot more is sliding out of corners im not even that hard on the throttle but i slide out very easily which kinda takes the fun away for me but i will still keep playing it cause i just love this game way too much but i hope it gets abit more looser again in next patches

Niko Mouk

Personally I checked that I can't tell what's different as I don't have a sufficient level to say if it's better or worse.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Resolute Kraken

Option: Great Improvement

I've mostly tested on my WIP Erzberg track - which brings out the worst in the slow speed physics and handling on hills.  I was able to immediately notice an improvement of the suspension.  When the rear end starts to swap on a tough climb it is now possible to save it in some cases.  The oscillation of the front end when hitting small bumps on hills is better now - not perfect but better.

TRKSOIL rock objects don't shoot you to the moon now, but the collision simulation with them is still not realistic.

Big Smooth one3

"I don't like it, it feels horrible" - not a great response option IMO, it's kind of 2 responses. I'd like to put "I don't like/love it" but I'm not trying to say "it feels horrible."

Anyway, the OJ front end washout - and front end washout in general - is a sizable put-off for me so far. I'm trying hard to not be "that guy" etc., but not really enjoying b14 gameplay when compared to b13, which I thought was a gigantic leap from the last time I'd played MXB (and the reason I finally dove into track making). Right now it just feels like it's reverted back to being a bit wonky, which I know isn't a defined point of feedback specific to a single item, but it's a feeling. A lot of it is the random-seeming front end wash, almost like I have no feeling for when it's going to happen or isn't, it just does. Also, the bike feels really heavy maybe? Or like my rider has popped a few muscle relaxers and can't react quickly enough...Idk, it's just sluggish. Oddly though, when running a few laps on some of my sx tracks, the bike also feels kind of floaty, which doesn't make sense with a feeling of heaviness...it's just...it's really strange, I don't know enough about the inner workings and variables at play to define it down to a single point, I guess.

Anyway, I know that I'm no expert with this game nor have I been around here nearly as long as most, so I can only provide my "feeling" input/feedback. The largest take away thus far, the one if I were in charge of this operation that I'd be most concerned with, is that it's just not as fun as it was - again, I know, not overly descriptive, but nonetheless accurate from my experience. Glad to see others enjoying it so much, that's awesome. Just because I'm not loving it doesn't mean it's bad, if I stopped playing it wouldn't make an ounce of difference (nor should it), so please understand I'm only trying to provide honest information from my personal point of view.

iNsane

Thanks Smooth, I've changed the options. Hope it's more clear now.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

CBM Racing

Quote from: Big Smooth one3 on April 06, 2020, 08:25:06 PM"I don't like it, it feels horrible" - not a great response option IMO, it's kind of 2 responses. I'd like to put "I don't like/love it" but I'm not trying to say "it feels horrible."

Anyway, the OJ front end washout - and front end washout in general - is a sizable put-off for me so far. I'm trying hard to not be "that guy" etc., but not really enjoying b14 gameplay when compared to b13, which I thought was a gigantic leap from the last time I'd played MXB (and the reason I finally dove into track making). Right now it just feels like it's reverted back to being a bit wonky, which I know isn't a defined point of feedback specific to a single item, but it's a feeling. A lot of it is the random-seeming front end wash, almost like I have no feeling for when it's going to happen or isn't, it just does. Also, the bike feels really heavy maybe? Or like my rider has popped a few muscle relaxers and can't react quickly enough...Idk, it's just sluggish. Oddly though, when running a few laps on some of my sx tracks, the bike also feels kind of floaty, which doesn't make sense with a feeling of heaviness...it's just...it's really strange, I don't know enough about the inner workings and variables at play to define it down to a single point, I guess.

Anyway, I know that I'm no expert with this game nor have I been around here nearly as long as most, so I can only provide my "feeling" input/feedback. The largest take away thus far, the one if I were in charge of this operation that I'd be most concerned with, is that it's just not as fun as it was - again, I know, not overly descriptive, but nonetheless accurate from my experience. Glad to see others enjoying it so much, that's awesome. Just because I'm not loving it doesn't mean it's bad, if I stopped playing it wouldn't make an ounce of difference (nor should it), so please understand I'm only trying to provide honest information from my personal point of view.

I agree to a point. I am happy they changed the suspension because in Beta 13 it was so bouncy I could actually do a bunny hop which unless you are on a trials bike should not be possible. But in Beta 14 they made the suspension so stiff no matter how much you try to soften it. They just went from one extreme to another instead they should have met in the middle. Not every person is ready to ride such stiff suspension just like if I threw 99.9% of you on my buddies Factory Race bike for Supercross you wouldn't even be able to ride it around a track no matter how slow you went. Its meant for Tomac speed where anything but the stiffest suspension can't handle how fast he hits the faces of jumps and the whoops. If they could soften the suspension up a bit I think it would be so much better.

CBM Racing

I think you should add what skill level these people are at that are voting. Anyone that has been with this game through multiple Betas seems to really like the new Beta 14 anyone that bought it when it released on Steam seems to feel the opposite and I understand. I remember when this game first came out so yes Beta 14 is a HUGE improvement but I think there are a lot of new Riders that only played Beta 13 like myself and now they were hit with a major change that makes it harder for the people trying to learn so I can see the frustrations. Some kind of steering stabilizer could go a long way if that is possible to incorporate into the game and not as a mod make it part of the next revision of Beta 14.

Nicky Locke

I agree with Hazy. I think some of the stuff he did was a move forward such as taking care of the "bounciness" and random explosions, but as far as the riding physics go I really enjoyed beta 13 a lot more. I felt like I had a lot more bike control into corners, I could over jump something a little bit and not have to worry, and it just all around felt better in my opinion. I know you have to adapt to changes but after hundreds of hours learning a style to suit yourself, hundreds of hours relearning just doesnt seem very entertaining. These are just my opinion, Ive only been playing since Beta 13 so im clueless of the game before, but after it doesnt feel like the same game

Asdrael

CBM has a point, it's mostly the newer people having a problem with the physics change. The "vets" have seen so many changes, we just ride them out and try to provide objective feedback because this is still an early access beta.

Sorry to say it again but b13 was easy mode. Grip was way too high, hell you could lean with brakes fully on with no issues and you couldn't even get a proper wheel spin with a race start. Now you have to balance your weight and play with the bike throttle and brakes more carefully to keep the grip... Is it perfect? I don't think so. Is it more fun and realistic than before? Hell yeah.

Hoh and check your bike setup, the stock bikes have awful stock setup.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Paradox28

I'm just really struggling with the random front end knifing in corners that seems to just...happen, as well. I have no problems with the rest but every time I come to a corner, I'm wondering if its just gonna knife or if I can take the corner. I have been playing since around b3/4 and felt like even if b13 was "easy mode" the ability to ride aggressively was nice compared to not knowing what the bike was going to do. I'm not at an expert level riding in this game, for reference

Nicky Locke

Quote from: Asdrael on April 07, 2020, 09:16:42 AMCBM has a point, it's mostly the newer people having a problem with the physics change. The "vets" have seen so many changes, we just ride them out and try to provide objective feedback because this is still an early access beta.

Sorry to say it again but b13 was easy mode. Grip was way too high, hell you could lean with brakes fully on with no issues and you couldn't even get a proper wheel spin with a race start. Now you have to balance your weight and play with the bike throttle and brakes more carefully to keep the grip... Is it perfect? I don't think so. Is it more fun and realistic than before? Hell yeah.

Hoh and check your bike setup, the stock bikes have awful stock setup.

Do you have a decent setup that youd be willing to share with me?