• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:41:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2017 KEGUMS MXGP

Started by conceptgraffmxs, April 21, 2020, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conceptgraffmxs

April 21, 2020, 12:38:19 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:00:02 PM by conceptgraffmxs
Hi guys !
I have the pleasure to present you my brand new track, the 2017 KEGUMS MXGP !

As the title mention it, it's the replica of the MXGP track, 2017 version.

Some of you will probably think it's too flat, others it is too rough, but that's the way I like to do ;)

Big thx to TylaZ, Fafalito, Vinke Swedish, Morgi, Goutsou & Crapouette for the hard beta tests !

Big thx Toxic Angeloz for the video !!
https://youtu.be/70oM_rfmncE

Big thx EMF
Big thanks to Kris for creating this terrain back in 2017, he put in a lot of work that we've been able to adapt into MXB, but none of that would have been possible without his initial effort. This track is a credit to the amount of work he put into building this from scratch and we thank him for being a part of this build, as this track would not be what it is without his original creation.

Hope you'll like it, braaaaaaaaaaaap !

link : https://mega.nz/file/BE0AjK6C#yieC1_R0rrYD3Wb9vYy3TbcxTBl4tG66uQ0Iyj6cXH4

Frosty122

Thanks again man, amazing work as always. One of my favourites from the GP series!
If you enjoy my work donations are greatly appreciated but not required! paypal.me/Frostymx122

ryan421

favorite mxgp track ever, good job man
slow

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

J4M3S

Hella clean track man cant believe its a .rar file haha

iNsane

well done bobby! Rides very well and looks clean

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Big Smooth one3

Is this created using the terrain we built for Kegums in the 2017 MXSGP series? If so - IF - hope you got Kris's approval to use it since I believe he was the one who put the time in to build it. Again...if, have no clue if that's what you've used or not, just seems curious to make the 2017 layout randomly - and I could be misremembering who it was that built that heightmap, too, so just curious.

Ruubs

Quote from: Big Smooth one3 on April 21, 2020, 06:41:28 PMIs this created using the terrain we built for Kegums in the 2017 MXSGP series? If so - IF - hope you got Kris's approval to use it since I believe he was the one who put the time in to build it. Again...if, have no clue if that's what you've used or not, just seems curious to make the 2017 layout randomly - and I could be misremembering who it was that built that heightmap, too, so just curious.

Pretty sure it is since he thanked EMF.

I think tracks like these need to show better who the original creator is. I haven't downloaded the track, so I can't say anything about the following, but I hope the original creator's name (not EMF, but more specific) is listed under "author" in game.

conceptgraffmxs

Quote from: Ruubs on April 21, 2020, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: Big Smooth one3 on April 21, 2020, 06:41:28 PMIs this created using the terrain we built for Kegums in the 2017 MXSGP series? If so - IF - hope you got Kris's approval to use it since I believe he was the one who put the time in to build it. Again...if, have no clue if that's what you've used or not, just seems curious to make the 2017 layout randomly - and I could be misremembering who it was that built that heightmap, too, so just curious.

Pretty sure it is since he thanked EMF.

I think tracks like these need to show better who the original creator is. I haven't downloaded the track, so I can't say anything about the following, but I hope the original creator's name (not EMF, but more specific) is listed under "author" in game.

i have the authorization of yohan mayer (emf) to use all the EMF tracks these tracks were created by talented people but these tracks are the exclusive property of EMF and manufactured by "the EMF track manufacturing team I never said that I did this track of 0 I always said that I was at the base of the tracks mxs all the tracks that I made come from EMF and yohan mayer who is the boss EMF gave me the right of used them
and when i say thank you to emf i thank all the people who are part of it

Ruubs

April 21, 2020, 08:50:50 PM #9 Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:21:58 PM by Ruubs
Quote from: vinke swedish on April 21, 2020, 08:37:48 PMimporting a heigtmap in mxb is not snapping your fingers and having the track part magic ig. far from respecting it a minimum work to do. If the track and here is that all the permission has been given ..

I've never said importing a heightmap into MXB is just snapping your fingers, and I've never said I don't want to see MX Sim imports. I'm simply asking for honesty and clarity. However, importing a terrain from MX Sim saves quite a lot of work and stress.

Respecting is the minimum to do? I personally feel like there hasn't been any respect in regard to the original heightmap creator. I doubt even you know who made the original heightmap.

I do understand that EMF has the rights to the MX Sim track, and Conceptgraff has just told me he's gotten permission from Yohann to import it into MXB. However, I don't agree with Yohann's decision to let Conceptgraff import the terrain into a different game, while the terrain was made by Kristoffer and not by the whole EMF crew.

What I think would've been the best option, was to see a proper explenation of how the track was created, who you've got permission from, and who the original creator is (specifically).

Once again, I didn't attack anyone. And I don't see why it's such a big problem that I said that I think the original track creator should be thanked more clearly.

Big Smooth one3

Glad to have some context, thanks for that. My question was only to understand the origins of the terrain, so that's confirmed, thanks. I fully understand legality of rights-holders, etc. - btw, none of that shit holds up in court since none of the means for which those bits of content were "paid for" would pass a smell test, but I have no interest in going down that rabbit hole - and my post is absolutely not a condemnation of the fact that this track is now in MXB. In fact, I LOVE that we have this track in MXB now, and hope to have more.

My simple underlying purpose was to suggest that content creators - whether from MXB or MXS or wherever - who were responsible for the origins of the basic elements of a MX/SX track (the heightmap) be given due credit.

It's literally 1 or 2 sentences: "Big thanks to Kris for creating this terrain back in 2017, he put in a lot of work that we've been able to adapt into MXB, but none of that would have been possible without his initial effort. This track is a credit to the amount of work he put into building this from scratch and we thank him for being a part of this build, as this track would not be what it is without his original creation."

This isn't a demand on legal grounds or any rights-holders issues you've put forth - this is a video game, man, give me a break. My point is only about respect for someone who has put tons and tons of hours into something, and all it would take is 2 minutes of your time to thank a guy whose efforts made creating your version of this track possible. It's just a respect thing, but you don't technically have to give it if you don't want. Thanks again for your message, hope you understand my point of view.

conceptgraffmxs

I'm glad we clarified this subject in a private message  :)

AZDesertRat

Can't we all just get along and enjoy this track creation for MXB?  Thanks for another fine rendition.

conceptgraffmxs

Quote from: AZDesertRat on April 21, 2020, 11:11:50 PMCan't we all just get along and enjoy this track creation for MXB?  Thanks for another fine rendition.

everything is ok the subject is closed :D

Rockchalice3875KTM

dang there was no big deal when I imported gatorback from mxs. but for kegums dang. atleast he got permission. I would ask rF if I could import tracks to mxb but most likely Jeremy wouldn't let me.