• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2017 KEGUMS MXGP

Started by conceptgraffmxs, April 21, 2020, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Smooth one3

No big deal guys. We've all spoken, as adults do, and all is well.

Carry on.

Stankdog's Moustache | Bubz

Thanks for the awesome track - it's super fun to rip laps & try to beat my ghost time. Before I knew it, I'd already spent over an hour ripping laps on my first session. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the amount of tracks being released lately  ;D Cheers!
P2 in 2020 "Let's Ride PW Chip" | On a 2 stroke all season!
P3 in 2020 "Big Bark Chip" | #2StrokeNation
P4 in 2020 "Let's Ride Supercross" | 250 barkin' all season

storken

April 22, 2020, 09:45:15 AM #17 Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:58:12 AM by storken
Hey guys. Feels like this flew over my head before I had a chance to post here. OP got it right from his side asking EMF for permission. However I'm quite sure that within EMF we agreed to get the permission both from EMF as well (!) as the original terrain creator, which in this case was me, that also wasn't asked from EMF or OP's side. But again, Yohann could/should've asked me. So the only thing that was a bit upsetting was not getting any credit at first, but that's now fixed. In my honest opinion, the credit list given was good and I really appreciate that a question was asked if it was ok to use. Thanks to Ruubs and Big Smooth for looking out for me.

Also, Teutschenthal has some striking similarities to the one I made... Is that one from mxs too? Not going for a witch hunt here, just asking.

If you want to relase more MXGP tracks, come to me. I have some "flat bases" laying around that doesn't have ruts or bumps in them. I'm sure they're far easier to port over to this compared having to deal with all the bumps and ruts that may or may not fit this game.

Edit: also thanks for handling this in a good way, not being outrageous as other people has been in the past. :)

Quote from: Rockchalice3875KTM on April 22, 2020, 01:41:56 AMdang there was no big deal when I imported gatorback from mxs. but for kegums dang. atleast he got permission. I would ask rF if I could import tracks to mxb but most likely Jeremy wouldn't let me.
Quote from: Rockchalice3875KTM on January 25, 2020, 07:31:00 PMI WOULD LIKE TO THANK ATLASZOOR FROM MX SIM FOR GIVING ME PERMISSION TO CONVERT HIS WORK INTO MX BIKES!

AND AGAIN I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR MAKING THE TRACK PLEAS THANK ATLASZOOR FROM MXS.
You got the approperiate credits right, so no one had anything to complain about :)

Niko Mouk

April 22, 2020, 11:24:29 AM #18 Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:31:03 AM by Niko Mouk
Quote from: storken on April 22, 2020, 09:45:15 AMHowever I'm quite sure that within EMF we agreed to get the permission both from EMF as well (!) as the original terrain creator, which in this case was me (...)
EMF already took the money for these tracks, why do they have to care about anything else right now :troll:

Bobby, I'm downloading the track, 420mb I hate you dude ! haha
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

storken

Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 22, 2020, 11:24:29 AM
Quote from: storken on April 22, 2020, 09:45:15 AMHowever I'm quite sure that within EMF we agreed to get the permission both from EMF as well (!) as the original terrain creator, which in this case was me (...)
EMF already took the money for these tracks, why do they have to care about anything else right now :troll:
I have 0 financial incentive in this. Just want the right people to have been asked/given proper credit, no matter who's it is and what's used.

If your comment was just for fun, sorry for my explanation :o  8)

Niko Mouk

Quote from: storken on April 22, 2020, 11:42:01 AMI have 0 financial incentive in this. Just want the right people to have been asked/given proper credit, no matter who's it is and what's used.

No no ! You know, some people are talking, that's nice you clarified this point. I'm sad for you you didn't get any penny.

storken

April 22, 2020, 01:29:56 PM #21 Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:55:18 PM by storken
Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 22, 2020, 12:03:21 PM
Quote from: storken on April 22, 2020, 11:42:01 AMI have 0 financial incentive in this. Just want the right people to have been asked/given proper credit, no matter who's it is and what's used.

No no ! You know, some people are talking, that's nice you clarified this point. I'm sad for you you didn't get any penny.
Nono, I got paid in 2017. What I mean is I have no financial incentive to have anything against this being used here, I'm rather glad to see the tracks live on. As I said, I got a few flat bases I'm willing to share, with people I know make good stuff :)

Niko Mouk

Quote from: storken on April 22, 2020, 01:29:56 PMbut if I compare €/Hour to my dayjob, I'd laugh. Think my time spent would be lower than 2€/h, which for a normal job would be insane

Haha mate I'm the mxs-concept.com owner I can understand what you mean ! :D

conceptgraffmxs

I apologize for the situation I think a lot has not been understood I am not here to hurt anyone I just want to try to bring new content to this game if you have basic heightmap and you want to give them I want to have them to feed new content here I never wanted to give me the merits of anything I never hid from where the track came without you they would not be the

giopanda

April 23, 2020, 09:20:16 AM #24 Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:33:37 AM by giopanda
Definitely not my favorite track in real life but this replica is pretty fun!
I only have a couple suggestions (or call it constructive criticism)

Some jumps (especially tabletops) are a bit too boxy, mostly on the landing, aka land in this exact spot or die

Second, and most important to me personally is lack of visual fidelity/realism.
Off track is very good, but track texture are a bit too busy and don't reflect the real soli type of the track.
This all looks like dry cracked super hard pack soil, while in reality is not like that.
Then this texture being so full of details is very prone to tiling.
What could help is a bit of variation (not only in texture but also in texture color/value) to highlight berms, ruts, jumps lips etc.
One last thing is like many other tracks it miss the various levels of soil.
Track still look pristine after hitting the same exact spots for 12 laps isn't great, being a game we need all the help needed to see what in real life we also feel (ruts and bumps).
So here's my 2 cents, as I said I like the track but it's a bit too heavy on the eyes and lacks some 'realism' let's say, and this lowers the already enjoyable experience imho

Yirka63

conceptgraffmxs

I take your comments into account Giopanda I will try to improve this rating on my next track :)

giopanda

Quote from: conceptgraffmxs on April 23, 2020, 02:23:25 PMI take your comments into account Giopanda I will try to improve this rating on my next track :)

little update after a lot of laps offline:
track erosion is very visible after only one lap, so i guess it was disabled on the server maybe?
so the only concern for now is the monotony of the texture, but the more i ride this track the more i like it!
did you used a single soil type for the whole track?

and one last thing: where are the trackside cameraaas!?!

Pinned166

Excellent work! This track is well executed and a lot of fun thank you

Corvy

Hello,
Thank you for this track which visually is very pretty, I only regret that the ruts are already drawn (a mxsimulator before the deformation) and suddenly when the world rolls on the track, it becomes mono trajectory. you can not change tracks or intersect a turn to facilitate overtaking or other, if you want to change ruts you lose the front ... it's really a shame.
many players complain about it ...
the ground is not resembling and much too hard, MxBikes is not mxsimulator, so the bases must be different ...

otherwise beautiful decor work etc ...
we can have fun but if an update of the track by modifying a little texture and ruts was made, it would be great ...
these are only constructive criticisms to move forward and not have the same things on the next tracks
cordially