• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:43:08 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Custom Skins for Neck braces and Chest Protectors

Started by Toddscott785, April 25, 2020, 08:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toddscott785

So I was looking around the site and noticed there aren't any custom skins for the neckbraces or the chest protector. After looking at the game files it doesn't look like they're any different than other rider gear in game. Does anyone have a template for any of the neck braces or chest protector? Is there a reason I'm not seeing why nobody has tried?

iNsane

No one tried it because it's not possible to select a different paint for it. It's only possible to select the model. No "protection paint" option.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Toddscott785

Quote from: iNsane | WW on April 25, 2020, 09:53:32 AMNo one tried it because it's not possible to select a different paint for it. It's only possible to select the model. No "protection paint" option.
So how did you do it with the protection pack you released? Was it all done in a modeling program?

Morin

Quote from: iNsane | WW on April 25, 2020, 09:53:32 AMNo one tried it because it's not possible to select a different paint for it. It's only possible to select the model. No "protection paint" option.
Not necessarily. You could do the same thing people do with bikes, just name the color/design and save the .pnt file. Although no one has released any PSD's/templates for any of the neck braces, and no one has made just a chest protector yet.

Toddscott785

It would be a cool addition, also I hate having my name blocked on my jersey.

iNsane

Quote from: Morin on April 26, 2020, 12:23:07 AM
Not necessarily. You could do the same thing people do with bikes, just name the color/design and save the .pnt file. Although no one has released any PSD's/templates for any of the neck braces, and no one has made just a chest protector yet.

Not correct, because you can't directly choose a different paint for the protection. I'll try to cheat something later but the menu doesn't let you select the protection and then "protection paint".

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HallMotorSportRacing

Quote from: Morin on April 26, 2020, 12:23:07 AM
Ive never seen a brace model on mxb mods before and i want them

PizzaChet

Quote from: HallMotorSportRacing on April 24, 2023, 11:01:37 PMIve never seen a brace model on mxb mods before and i want them
Ahhh! This is a turning point. Want and have are incredibly far apart at times, BUT you have control of your destiny! I could paste a bunch of links to tutorial pages here, but if you go to the mods section you'll find some there and maybe you could be the first to offer different color neck braces! Excelsior!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HallMotorSportRacing

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 25, 2023, 05:46:07 PM
Quote from: HallMotorSportRacing on April 24, 2023, 11:01:37 PMIve never seen a brace model on mxb mods before and i want them
Ahhh! This is a turning point. Want and have are incredibly far apart at times, BUT you have control of your destiny! I could paste a bunch of links to tutorial pages here, but if you go to the mods section you'll find some there and maybe you could be the first to offer different color neck braces! Excelsior!
when i go to protections tab or search up for one nothing comes up

PizzaChet

Quote from: HallMotorSportRacing on April 26, 2023, 07:05:27 PM
Quote from: PizzaChet on April 25, 2023, 05:46:07 PM
when i go to protections tab or search up for one nothing comes up
Ahhhh! You're not getting my point. It hasn't been created yet, therefore it must be. You were the first to desire this, so usually you would offer reasonable money to a creator in private or teach yourself to make or modify any existing one(with proof of permission). I wish I could make them for you for free. I really don't

Quote from: HallMotorSportRacing on April 24, 2023, 11:01:37 PMi want them
In economics, wants are non-essential desires while needs are sought out of necessity.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.