• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

B14 Deformation Issue

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, April 29, 2020, 11:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hi,

So a bunch of us have noticed there seems to be a new deformation issue. Instead of the smooth deep ruts we're all used to, we now seem to have choppy vibrating ruts. This is probably where all this 'headshake' people talk about is coming from.

It's almost as if the resolution of deformation is lowered, where the track itself is fine, when you dig through it seems as though there are less tri's to make up the deformation than there were in the last beta.

The following images are taken of a track I'm currently working on:

This image was taken from B13

This image was taken from B14

The following show what I see, and feel when I ride both:

GDUBMX

this makes alot of sense. i hope this gets fixed asap. Thanks TFC for the hard work mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

I just came across this post. I wonder if the two might be related. Just a thought.

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on April 30, 2020, 09:35:45 PMThe problem with deformation on this track is the resolution.  It is 4K heightmap and size is 3600x3600 so resolution is low for deformation.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 30, 2020, 10:45:39 PMI just came across this post. I wonder if the two might be related. Just a thought.

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on April 30, 2020, 09:35:45 PMThe problem with deformation on this track is the resolution.  It is 4K heightmap and size is 3600x3600 so resolution is low for deformation.

Thanks for the thought but that's not the problem here.. As you can see above, the screenshot is taken in the same place from two betas, the size of the track hasn't changed, either heightmap physical size or in game size.

Also, I'm getting this on finished tracks that existed before the current beta and had no deformation issue.

CBM Racing

I have noticed the same thing in B14 not just in the corners either all the ruts do it. Track deformation seems to be a huge challenge in all games for developers. There has got to be a way for developers to study how a bike moves dirt to build berms and find a way to incorporate it into the games. I cant wait for the day that they finally find that last missing piece to the puzzle. They have figured out braking and acceleration bumps pretty good now but berms are just missing something. Thanks for trying to find the issue and a fix TFC!