• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider F/B lean/rear brake effect in air missing?

Started by davidboda46, April 30, 2020, 03:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

In B14b I can't feel that moving the rider forward or backward in the air has any effect on the bike. Also when I use the rear brake in the air the front tire does not come down as it should. All this leads to a lot of incidents when you accidentally have a bit too much power off the jump then you are screwed because you land like doing a wheelie... Have others noticed this as well or is it just me?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

CBM Racing

Works fine for me. A brake tap in the air IRL doesnt drop your front wheel that much anyway. It actually does it more in the game then it would IRL. You just need to get used to the feeling and figure out when to hit it. Sometimes it cant save you but it works fine.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

When I first started playing b14 it definitely felt like rider lean in the air was less responsive. Weirdly I'm fully used to it now. It feels fine and brake tap definitely works as it should. Give it some time if it just feels 'different'.. although if you litterally have nothing then try recalibration maybe.

davidboda46

Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll keep trying and hopefully I will get some feeling for it.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

CBM Racing

Try hitting the brake as soon as you take off you know which jumps you need to use it on after a lap or two. Also I use it if I am hitting something that  I am barely clearing to get a few extra inches to make it over the landing it helps. I found the way the jumps throw you really strange at first in Supercross I was always having the issue of the front being way to high but you will eventually get the feeling down on how to use the brake to balance the bike off. Make sure your not twisting the throttle at the same time.

CBM Racing

Also make sure the rider lean f/b assist is off somehow mine got checked and for a long time I was wondering why I didnt notice my rider moving when I would try to lean forward or back.