• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:05:34 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Gyro Effect

Started by PizzaChet, October 29, 2014, 01:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzaChet

I can feel the effect from rear-braking in mid-air, but not much from panic-revs. It seems the wheels should be artificially higher mass or amplify the gyro effect from wheel rotation. It just doesn't have as much influence on the handling as I would expect while jumping, yet the rear-end jumps out when you slide/overspeed the wheel. Maybe more range in spring/damper settings? The steering seems to have a certain point that the turn-in will snap the bars to the lock and back causing tuck or high-siding too. Maybe adjustable steering damping/speed outside of the controller settings? It feels like the bike has plenty of heft/mass, but maybe the wheels don't. Thoughts?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

teeds

+1 on the in air brake and throttle effects they're too weak, although unlike you I can't notice anything when braking in the air but do notice some effect with the throttle on?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PizzaChet

I'm still learning to ride this sim, so things will seem less annoying as I get better too.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

teeds

Now we're getting big air time with Fats new jump park  :D I thought I'd make video of this to show it does work for both brake and throttle. As in real life when you hit the rear brake while airborne you must have the clutch pulled or you stall the bike. Not tested yet but I'm not sure the auto clutch is allowing this as you'd expect, will test later (seems to me pulling the clutch alone pitches the nose down maybe?).

https://www.youtube.com/v/L4Nvke25cGs

I think this sort of pitch rotation velocity should be possible during much smaller jumps, like about 1/4 smaller IMO.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba