• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:02:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thursday Night Motocross (PIR)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 01, 2014, 08:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks chet lol.. didn't take that long so far - textures are the time killer with me.

Ehm, pala raceway looks good :)

Ehm24

Oh my god yes, I would be soo stoked! I rode there all the time until it closed down, so you can PM me if you need help with the feel of the track and textures

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I would love to, but I think I will be taking a break after this project as work is getting pretty busy and I'm running out of free time. Pala looks real good though, looks like it might make a good long term project as it's a bit....  big lol

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Latest progress. Think the heightmap is pretty much done. Rides good!  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The textures are placeholder for now so they will look a lot better once the track is finished, and also obviously there are no objects, the vids really just to get a bit of feedback as to the placement of things and the scale.

I think the only slightly over sized section is the back straight step down - triple - triple - double - table. The jumps didn't look as big as this from the GoPro videos I've seen, but it was the only way I was able to get the section rideable. I've included a shot of just that section at the end for an outside perspective. This section is a lot of fun to ride though, really gives me hope for SX as in this version the section is pretty much rhythm. Lotta fun  ;D

So cdub, anyone who has ridden the track - how does it look?

http://www.youtube.com/v/LDle5VmxovY?rel=0

Snappe

MXK_cdub85

Looks awesome Fat! As you've said some things are a bit over scaled, but for the sake of ridability you've made the right choice. The only suggestions i have at this point, it's a bit hard to tell with these textures, are the very first left hander in the video. It should be a bit taller and more "bowled out". Also the table/step down right after the triple-triple-single should be angled slightly different. Hard to explain, but in real life, after the single, it turns sharper left and the jump forces you to scrub or whip to the left. Good work my friend! cant wait to test it out!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks guys, I have been unable to reply for a couple of days.

cdub: Yeah - after riding it for a few days it's definitely over scaled. I'm not sure right now whether to make the overall track smaller and widen, or whether to leave it. I have bowled out the first corner like you said - watching the vid it's definitely got a lot more transition than just angle. The table at the end of the rhythm is actually more angled than it looks in the vid although it's hard to get right - too much angle and it's not rideable.

I wanted to pack it up and let a couple of people test it, can I PM you a link to download and give it a try? would appreciate it! I think overall I'm happy but it would be useful to know it's close enough!

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

MXK_cdub85

Ya fat of course, pm me and I'll test it out! I've got a few thousand laps there so I should have a good feel for it lol  :D ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just a quick update, working on objects, thanks to Geofanatic for the patience and help!

Still a long way off, not getting a lot of time to work on it but making progress.. Love the trees! Might look at making a new skybox if I get time too.

Vortex_Damien

Wow, if you need any beta testers ;)... its looking amazing man! when can we be expecting a release?

MXK_cdub85

Dude! Looking killer Fat! I just seen your last pm, looks like you've made awesome progress. To answer your question, totally fine with me to send updates.  Can't wait to see it done up!

arnzzz

This is looking amazing.

I'm desperately in need of a track more conducive to learning to control the bike in the air. I started making just a massive oval full of massive jumps
but gave up very early lol.

Could this be that track?

:)

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.