• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:27:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

key converted to steam

Started by dirtbike, June 05, 2020, 11:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtbike

tonight I was trying to have some online races, everytime I hit race world, this message "key converted to steam" pops and can't see no server online!!! What is this???

thxkey converted to steam.jpg

PiBoSo

This happens when using the standalone version of MX Bikes with a license that has been converted to a Steam key.

dirtbike

June 06, 2020, 07:42:33 PM #2 Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 10:20:23 PM by dirtbike
Nevermind, I fix the problem just verified integrity of the game files and redownloaded the latest file! Thanks :)

jtrs_61

ive used the stand alone version of the game for years now and all the sudden it popped up tonight? what gives?

jtrs_61

ok... i redownloaded 14d and tried again. still getting the message.

I have steam installed on my lappy, but i dont use it often at all.. when i go to steam library and select mx bikes it says i have to install it... i have the stand alone version already installed and all mods working. im working with limited disk space and dont want to download it through steam having two of the same applications taking up double the space... id much rather just play the stand alone.  HELP

teeds

If you converted your key to Steam, you'll need to use that version not the standalone one. You'll use no more disk space and you can copy over the mods you already have.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

well bummer. i converted the key to steam when it launched on steam... been a long time ago and never had to use steam to play! ive literally hopped on the stand alone version and ripped up until, randomly, now i cant.  i freakin hate steam. always needing to update before i can do anything.  and i literally only play mxb, specifically because of the disc space thing.  guess ill deal with it if there's no way to reverse it.

jtrs_61

ok, so mxb was in my library on a shared library of a friend... so, from my understanding, i would only be able to play when hes not online, right? so i go searching through steam to add to MY library and in order to install i have to buy it through steam?  ???

sorry if this is elementary, im somewhat computer illiterate, if ya cant tell... to be honest, this instance is the exact reason ive used the stand alone version all this time.

teeds

Steam makes it easier, you don't have the hassle of updating the game as it's done for you. Not sure what's going on with your Steam key though?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

Quote from: teeds on June 13, 2020, 12:12:20 PMSteam makes it easier, you don't have the hassle of updating the game as it's done for you. Not sure what's going on with your Steam key though?

Me neither... I sure dont want to buy the game again to play through my steam library... any suggestions?