• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:18:26 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Washington Fences

Started by NghtShft, July 10, 2020, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NghtShft

The white fences around Washington should have the collision removed imo as they have been causing issues with people getting stuck on and spawning into them, To say that having the race binned by a 2ft fence is painful would be an understatement. :P

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Agreed. On the downhill after the long uphill and on the left side there is a white banner by a fence that isn't connected. I got 5th or something off the line, hit that banner, got stuck and had to watch the entire pack pass me before I could reset  :(

Resolute Kraken

Instead of removing collisions - just fix the getting stuck in them.  Not everyone likes fake fences.

ChamP_Mx

Imo the best solution is to just remove the "track not clear" mechanic and make it so when you reset you are invincible for maybe 3 seconds, kind of like in other mx and car games. That way you can get back on the track way faster and also refrain from causing a pile up.
"Some take drugs, some drink bottles, i solve my problems by twisting throttles."

Sv3n

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on July 11, 2020, 01:02:29 AMInstead of removing collisions - just fix the getting stuck in them.  Not everyone likes fake fences.

Amen for that! :D
I assume that's why online racer have collisions off? :D
Ingame "Sv3n"

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I suggested to PiBoSo on Discord that we have 3 types of semi collideable objects. I said the following:

COL25, COL50 and COL75
i.e collision 25%, collision 50%, collision 75%
25% could be used for trackside tape, banners etc, 50% could be used for spongebobs, even water objects maybe, etc, and 75% for bales

Something I think we desperately need, hopefully we can have something like this sometime soon  :)

|BEYER|

thats a great idea tfc, i hope something like that gets implemented

AZDesertRat

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on July 11, 2020, 01:02:29 AMInstead of removing collisions - just fix the getting stuck in them.  Not everyone likes fake fences.

Exactly, I've always thought it was ridiculous that objects often have zero collision.  This goes for trees, tough blocks, fences, banners, etc.  Fix the collision error with the bikes and there won't be a need for "cosmetic" objects.

Resolute Kraken

Yeah, what TFC said, need objects that can slow bike down with "soft" collision. For your COL25, etc naming convention, don't limit to just those set number, just have range of 1 - 100 where 100 is full collision like it is now, and 1 would be the lowest "drag" on the bike.

Snappe

The Washington collision & reset issues will be fixed in the next beta.
Also, some kind of 'soft' collisions are planned.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Very cool thanks Snappe  :)