• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Any solution to seeing grey bikes in multiplayer (modded bikes/gear)

Started by REDSalvation, November 19, 2020, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDSalvation

I and I think a lot of us see those boring grey non-driven bikes in multiplayer.
I think this is because people use mods I don't have.

Isn't possible to turn those bikes/gear back to stock when someone hasn't installed those mods?

fridgedollar

Ruubs

Just wanted to clarify that this isn't a bug either.

The white bikes without riders load in to reduce join lag when you're on track. If the game had to load in the full bike and rider from a player that's just joined, while you're on track, you'd get massive lag.

REDSalvation

Quote from: Ruubs on November 21, 2020, 10:56:32 AMJust wanted to clarify that this isn't a bug either.

The white bikes without riders load in to reduce join lag when you're on track. If the game had to load in the full bike and rider from a player that's just joined, while you're on track, you'd get massive lag.

Yeah I understand it now!
Now I know why my game go's stuck when entering pits, new bikes and gear are loading.

Thanks for explaining guys!

Some_Doofus

Still, maybe the placeholder model could be updated to be a bit more appealing? Would it be possible to load in a simple default bike and rider with sounds without lag? Everyone would get the same placeholder model still, they'd just look a bit nicer. Unless loading any textures or sounds at all is the problem, not just loading custom ones.