• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 23, 2020, 02:57:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta14e available! :)

hurting the game more than helping

Started by tucko, August 07, 2020, 02:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucko

lol so the mods of the "unofficial" but official discord banned me lmao, banned me for pointing out the fact we report bugs to a unofficial discord instead to steam. this community has an issue, you point out one thing wrong with the game and 25 little kids hop in to defend it. ive modded tracks, bikes, skins you name it lmao. i have over 1300 hours played since beta 4 and your telling me that if i point out an issue with the game i get banned? really? thats how we handle this? i build content for this game weekly and when i raise a point i get shut out by "unofficial" discord mods. so where should i point this out? you dont want it reported to steam? or on the discord? dealing with the mods of the discord is like dealing with pibs hounds, you say one word they spam chat with excuses till its never seen, they defend pibs with " update soon" but refuse to discuss or give attention to the original point. you have a bugs feedback tab thats left with zero help or a "never seen it" but i put a place to report the issue and im the bad guy? fix ur sh*t discord mods. u drive modders away and players on a daily.

philiaN

tucko

my point^^^^ ur hurting the game and u think its funny lmao, ur 30 dude get it together

fridgedollar

you got banned for being a fucking asshole, its not about what you were talking about its how you were saying it. this post shows your immaturity and youre just digging yourself a deeper hole

tucko

August 07, 2020, 08:01:23 AM #4 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:04:22 AM by tucko
Quote from: fridgedollar on August 07, 2020, 07:16:11 AMyou got banned for being a fucking asshole, its not about what you were talking about its how you were saying it. this post shows your immaturity and youre just digging yourself a deeper hole

Ur the weirdest dude on the forum

Ruubs

August 07, 2020, 11:10:18 AM #5 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:47:31 PM by Ruubs
I expected you to tell everyone that you were banned 'because you pointed out that we report bugs to an unofficial discord instead of reporting them on Steam'.

First, you weren't banned for suggesting (read; persuade) people to report Mx Bikes bugs to steam. We all agreed that if you want to report Mx Bikes to Steam, you should do it. We even gave you the oppertunity to get an announcement in Discord on how to report bugs on Steam. We also told you, you could make a forum post describing how to report bugs on Steam. I personally didn't like that you were persuading others to do the same for your reasons though. All of this is still not why you were banned. You were banned for the simple fact that you were calling us: brown nosing, idiots, and saying things like: can u smell his last dinner, and polish a cock in general.

The Discord rules clearly state this behavior is not tolerated;
Rules:
1. Be respectful to fellow players, devs and moderators.
2. Have fun. This is a game. Banter is tolerated, insulting is not.
3. Use English in the main channels. For foreign languages, please use the localized channels.
4. Harassment, trolling, hate speech will not be tolerated.
5. If you have an issue, please directly contact Admins or Mods.
6. Do not ping people randomly.
7. Use the proper channels as much as possible.
8. Posting harmful material, NSFW content, or personal data is prohibited.
9. Don't beg for money or game codes.
10. Don't advertise other discord servers.
11. Any discussion on bikes or tracks directly ripped from other games is frowned upon. Any link to download them will result in a warning

You violated rule 1, 2, and 4.

Piboso does spend time on smaller tasks, but he generally doesn't spend on lot of time per small task. Working on the same big task all day, every day drains you. You lose motivation and you can't think clearly about the subject anymore. Taking smaller tasks from time to time will speed up the development process in the end.

If you're wondering why Piboso hasn't fixed the connection issues earlier; the main focus on the previous few betas were net code (meaning accuracy and smoothness), fixing the connection-freeze, and overall online performance. While in the middle of developing, testing, and improving these aspects, Piboso can't just lay it to the side and start improving something else. If he would, development would be a mess and even fewer fixes would get done. I am pretty sure the main focus for B15 is to fix the connection issues.

And if you're wondering why Piboso doesn't roll out smaller updates more often; actually rolling out an update takes up quite some time, which Piboso rather spends on fixing more bugs. Rolling out a bigger update every few months is way more efficient than rolling out an update every week
Piboso has done an insane amount of multiplayer fixes since day 1, and he continues to do so. He has implemented ipv6 support for B15 already, and he will do more work regarding the connection issues as well.

People who buy a game in early access, aka beta, should expect the game to be buggy. Early access is meant to provide proper feedback to the developers, so they can fix bugs before the game's final release. Since the game has gotten on steam I've seen a lot of players say the game is bad, without giving feedback. Just saying it's bad is not useful, and won't improve the game.

If you bought an early access game and really don't like it, refund it if possible. There's no need to make a developer of an early access game look bad 'because it has bugs', unless the developer doesn't work on fixing the issues. Piboso is constantly chatting with some of us, asks for feedback and asks us to test and debug things.

I totally understand your anger, and I've had my times of anger as well, but honestly Piboso knows what he's doing, and he's working on some great things. Mx Bikes has come a very, very long way since it's first release and it's continuously improving. We shouldn't forget Snappe's hard work too as he's contributed a major part as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/FFYS8z4X/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/QtHF24vJ/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/gcLw47VY/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/CxrY3h09/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/mk4GYh31/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/Kv9dz0WM/image.png

If anyone wants to read the whole conversation we had on Discord yesterday, let me know and I'll screenshot it for you.

tucko

August 07, 2020, 06:19:30 PM #6 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:29:20 PM by tucko
Quote from: Ruubs on August 07, 2020, 11:10:18 AMI expected you to tell everyone that you were banned 'because you pointed out that we report bugs to an unofficial discord instead of reporting them on Steam'.

First, you weren't banned for suggesting (read; persuade) people to report Mx Bikes bugs to steam. We all agreed that if you want to report Mx Bikes to Steam, you should do it. We even gave you the oppertunity to get an announcement in Discord on how to report bugs on Steam. We also told you, you could make a forum post describing how to report bugs on Steam. I personally didn't like that you were persuading others to do the same for your reasons though. All of this is still not why you were banned. You were banned for the simple fact that you were calling us: brown nosing, idiots, and saying things like: can u smell his last dinner, and polish a cock in general.

The Discord rules clearly state this behavior is not tolerated;
Rules:
1. Be respectful to fellow players, devs and moderators.
2. Have fun. This is a game. Banter is tolerated, insulting is not.
3. Use English in the main channels. For foreign languages, please use the localized channels.
4. Harassment, trolling, hate speech will not be tolerated.
5. If you have an issue, please directly contact Admins or Mods.
6. Do not ping people randomly.
7. Use the proper channels as much as possible.
8. Posting harmful material, NSFW content, or personal data is prohibited.
9. Don't beg for money or game codes.
10. Don't advertise other discord servers.
11. Any discussion on bikes or tracks directly ripped from other games is frowned upon. Any link to download them will result in a warning

You violated rule 1, 2, and 4.

Piboso does spend time on smaller tasks, but he generally doesn't spend on lot of time per small task. Working on the same big task all day, every day drains you. You lose motivation and you can't think clearly about the subject anymore. Taking smaller tasks from time to time will speed up the development process in the end.

If you're wondering why Piboso hasn't fixed the connection issues earlier; the main focus on the previous few betas were net code (meaning accuracy and smoothness), fixing the connection-freeze, and overall online performance. While in the middle of developing, testing, and improving these aspects, Piboso can't just lay it to the side and start improving something else. If he would, development would be a mess and even fewer fixes would get done. I am pretty sure the main focus for B15 is to fix the connection issues.

And if you're wondering why Piboso doesn't roll out smaller updates more often; actually rolling out an update takes up quite some time, which Piboso rather spends on fixing more bugs. Rolling out a bigger update every few months is way more efficient than rolling out an update every week
Piboso has done an insane amount of multiplayer fixes since day 1, and he continues to do so. He has implemented ipv6 support for B15 already, and he will do more work regarding the connection issues as well.

People who buy a game in early access, aka beta, should expect the game to be buggy. Early access is meant to provide proper feedback to the developers, so they can fix bugs before the game's final release. Since the game has gotten on steam I've seen a lot of players say the game is bad, without giving feedback. Just saying it's bad is not useful, and won't improve the game.

If you bought an early access game and really don't like it, refund it if possible. There's no need to make a developer of an early access game look bad 'because it has bugs', unless the developer doesn't work on fixing the issues. Piboso is constantly chatting with some of us, asks for feedback and asks us to test and debug things.

I totally understand your anger, and I've had my times of anger as well, but honestly Piboso knows what he's doing, and he's working on some great things. Mx Bikes has come a very, very long way since it's first release and it's continuously improving. We shouldn't forget Snappe's hard work too as he's contributed a major part as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/FFYS8z4X/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/QtHF24vJ/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/gcLw47VY/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/CxrY3h09/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/mk4GYh31/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/Kv9dz0WM/image.png

If anyone wants to read the whole conversation we had on Discord yesterday, let me know and I'll screenshot it for you.
😂😂😂😂😂 Lmaooooooooo the best you have is brown nosing and me calling one mod an idiot? What are you a 7 year old girl? Grow up😂 this whole thing is a massive joke. I called a mod an idiot and got banned. You guys are on this power run over pibs. We get it. Blah blah he's updating the game. I called a mod an idiot. And got banned. You guys are a joke lol

giopanda

yeah keep insulting everyone, that's how to prove to be an adult!

tucko

Quote from: giopanda on August 07, 2020, 07:56:16 PMyeah keep insulting everyone, that's how to prove to be an adult!

adults dont cry about being called an idiot.

PizzaChet

Quote from: tucko on August 07, 2020, 07:58:56 PMadults dont cry
First time I've ever heard of you, or seen you post and you're trying to be a hard-on, selling yourself as some hotshot, super important creator. Good way to start off and ensure that you'll be taken seriously! It also sounds like you were trying to get everybody on your "Complain on Steam" bandwagon and build some kind of fake consensus. You obviously are a bent little brat who got exactly what they were asking for. Then when you got it, you couldn't handle it. Maybe you thought you were a big shot on MX Sim. There's plenty of immature little assholes there. It smells familiar. Good luck in your endeavor destined to fail.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

tucko

Quote from: PizzaChet on August 07, 2020, 10:50:50 PM
Quote from: tucko on August 07, 2020, 07:58:56 PMadults dont cry
First time I've ever heard of you, or seen you post and you're trying to be a hard-on, selling yourself as some hotshot, super important creator. Good way to start off and ensure that you'll be taken seriously! It also sounds like you were trying to get everybody on your "Complain on Steam" bandwagon and build some kind of fake consensus. You obviously are a bent little brat who got exactly what they were asking for. Then when you got it, you couldn't handle it. Maybe you thought you were a big shot on MX Sim. There's plenty of immature little assholes there. It smells familiar. Good luck in your endeavor destined to fail.

brush ur teeth

Sv3n

please someone close this topic. pointless to argue.
Ingame "Sv3n"

Ruubs

August 08, 2020, 01:20:36 PM #12 Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:24:12 PM by Ruubs
Very mature of you for making a meme, with my full name and logo, Tucko.
My fellow students, who have nothing to do with MXB just made me aware of this.

iNsane | WW

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Ruubs

For the record; I wasn't the one that banned you. I just explained the reason why you were banned.

We were having a good conversation until others joined. And I even partly agreed with you.