• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Resolute MXB Track Builder Helper - V.1.1.5 (Update June 29, 2023)

Started by Resolute Kraken, August 29, 2020, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCrain

Thanks a bunch for making this!  It has made getting into making a track a lot more accessible.  I'm currently running into an issue where photoshop will only let me save .tga files in 8 bit, but the Track Building Helper wants a 16 bit or higher image to use for a mask. Am I missing something simple?

Resolute Kraken

Sorry, I can't give too much specific help on Photoshop.  But, for a mask, you need to save the mask in the alpha channel and then save the TGA as 32-bit which supports the alpha channel - my PS prompts me to select 16, 24, or 32 bit when I save the image.

TCrain

I finally figured it out!  I had to set up my Image Mode to 8 bit RGB in the .psd, but then when I go to save .tgas it asks for 16, 24, or 32 bit.  After that, the Helper Tool was telling me my file didn't have a valid Alpha channel.  I did a ton of Google searching with really not much help until tonight.  I needed to actually create the alpha channel in my .psd in order for the .tga to read it.  So, it is working now and all good!  I'm used to just using .pngs for MXS, so dealing with this has been pretty confusing lol

Resolute Kraken

Quote from: TCrain on November 13, 2020, 05:45:30 AMI finally figured it out!  I had to set up my Image Mode to 8 bit RGB in the .psd, but then when I go to save .tgas it asks for 16, 24, or 32 bit.  After that, the Helper Tool was telling me my file didn't have a valid Alpha channel.  I did a ton of Google searching with really not much help until tonight.  I needed to actually create the alpha channel in my .psd in order for the .tga to read it.  So, it is working now and all good!  I'm used to just using .pngs for MXS, so dealing with this has been pretty confusing lol

Glad to hear that you figured it out!  Now, if you wouldn't have been using the helper, you would have had no clue that you needed the correct format with alpha channel and you would have wondered why it didn't work when you built your track.

TCrain

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on November 13, 2020, 06:11:21 AMGlad to hear that you figured it out!  Now, if you wouldn't have been using the helper, you would have had no clue that you needed the correct format with alpha channel and you would have wondered why it didn't work when you built your track.
That's for sure!  I probably would have given up lmao

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

StoneRider

this is absolutly genius. man thank you so much... this is awesome.

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.13 (12/12/2020)
  • Message box fix so they should pop-to the foreground and be accessible if you leave the window during a track build
  • Performance improvement of list controls when moving/adding/deleting items.  Tested with 240 sound source items for Kraken Berg
  • Hid the Thickness and Mask selection for Material and Texture Layer 0.  It is not used by the game.
  • Added the new "Paint" option in the Track Info tab for setting track object paint files.
  • Application short-cut is now under "Resolute MXB" folder.
  • Various changes for installer and deployment

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.18 (01/30/2021)
  • Compiled for 64-bit
  • Bug fix for disabled SHD files
  • Changed PKZ confirmation icon.
  • Ability to name sound records (Sounds tab) - click in header.
  • Moved Donate menu to main menu.
  • Updated splash screen.
  • Added "Photo" section to track info tab - set custom location for photo button in game.
  • Added support for FMR (animated file type) for track image/map files.
  • Bug fix for Soft Soil and Compact Soil particle colors - using correct names now.

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.21 (03/22/2021)
  • Fix for rectangular height maps using correct dimensions.
  • Added toggle button to turn off image validation (try this if you get "out of memory" errors.
  • Added "Clear All" buttons to materials, textures, scenes, and sounds tabs.
  • Added links to iNsane's PKZ locker tool.

suzuki98

for some reason when i download the update it is giving me the v.1.0.18

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.24 (04/12/2021)
  • Fix for foreign language number formatting in files for some users.
  • Ability to use 2 heightmaps for one track (TRH and HMF).
  • Added decimals to Photo setting long/lat.

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.25 (06/13/2021)
  • Added X & Z repetitions for texture - when using a rectangular heightmap this is useful so your textures don't get stretched.  Default is to use same repetition on X and Z.
  • Limited track name to 32 characters - I believe this is a limit in the game.
  • Moved "Create PKZ" button to Tools box instead of Build Commands.  Added a new "Create PKZ (Server) button.  This will automatically remove the MAP, WAV, TGA, DDS, and EDF files from your PKZ.  This is useful to provide for server hosts such as MyMXB.com - it saves a lot of drive space on the servers.

Resolute Kraken

v.1.0.26 (07/07/2021)
  • Fix for wet-texture normal map repetitions.
  • Removed X & Z labels for repetitions if "Use same for both" is selected.
  • Added backup option to File menu.  Use this to zip your entire project folder to back it up in its current state.
  • Checking for spaces in centerline files (not allowed).