• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2020, 01:59:28 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta14e available! :)

Resolute MXB Track Builder Helper - V.1.0.11 (Release 09/13/2020)

Started by Resolute Kraken, August 29, 2020, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resolute Kraken

August 29, 2020, 09:52:17 PM Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:59:03 PM by Resolute Kraken
Welcome to the Resolute MXB Track Builder Helper application. 

I created this application to help MXB track builders to create valid text files that are needed for the tracks.  It will help new track builders avoid common mistakes and give experienced track builders a more streamlined build process.

Feature List:
  • Creates text files for: HMF, THT, AMB, SSC, INI, GFX, SHD.
  • Validates heightmap for Power of 2 (+1 pixel).
  • Validates textures and masks for correct format, Power of 2 dimensions, and needed alpha channels.
  • Creates shader (SHD) files for your textures.
  • Import existing project files.
  • Uses the PiBoSo track tools in a central location - no need to copy them to each track project you have.
  • Allows for use of spaces in track folder names.
  • And many more useful features

Donate:
Donations aren't expected but they sure do help motivate me to continue making MXB tracks and tools. If you've found this tool useful and would like to donate something for my time and future projects it would be greatly appreciated!
PayPal.Me

Support:
If you want support on this application please join my Discord server (https://discord.gg/zDbrhG4) and post in the #TRACK-BUILDER-HELPER channel.

This applications requires Windows OS and at least .Net 4.7.2 framework.

Localization:
The application currently supports English, German, Italian, French, and Spanish languages.  French and Spanish have not been validated by anyone yet.  If you would like to validate a translation in your own language, please contact me in the discord channel and I'll send you a file with the translation for you review and editing.

Download
User Manual - READ THIS!

Extract the downloaded ZIP file and run the Setup.exe to install.

Thanks to:
  • PiBoSo & Snappe for track file details
  • Giopanda, Mulock22, BeefLilly, & Ruubs for testing
  • iNsane for German translation review
  • Giopanda for Itialian translation review
  • Paulo Rodrigues for Portuguese translation review

Videos:

CBM Racing

Nicely done! I am building my first track right now so I am just learning about all of this but I imagine this helps out big time. Thanks for sharing it with everyone you could have just kept it for yourself like a lot of people in other communities would do! I am sure once I learn a lot more this tool will really come in handy because I have a pretty big list of tracks I wanna build for this game. Its time to start bringing back some of the tracks from the 90's so thanks again for your hard work!
Cheers

Resolute Kraken

Update V.1.0.6
- fix for reflection map validation
- changed order of build buttons - moved Build Map above Build TRH since that is the more logical order
- Enabled Portuguese language option

Download zip file, extract, run setup.exe

Resolute Kraken

Update V.1.0.7
- fix for wet texture folder path in HMF (thanks Gio)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for this! I'm stuck in my ways right now but I will definitely give this a try on a future track 👍

Resolute Kraken

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on September 07, 2020, 06:02:14 PMThanks for this! I'm stuck in my ways right now but I will definitely give this a try on a future track 👍

It has really nice "Import" buttons to import your existing files.  Give it a shot.

Resolute Kraken

Update V.1.0.8
- fix for optional reflection map in SHD (thanks Gio)

Resolute Kraken

Update V.1.0.9
- fix for non-English file writes with correct value for decimals in numbers (thanks Gio)

Resolute Kraken

Update V.1.0.10
- fix for AMB file missing "=" for blue color settings (thanks Gio)

Resolute Kraken

Update v1.0.11:
- Fix for material layer import
- Fix for autosave when no project loaded yet
- Portuguese language validated (thanks Paulo)